cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baby TV blank screen

AllPointsNorth1
Up to speed

Hi.  My brother has a subscription in which he has Baby TV on 703; about 30 minutes ago, the channel hung and we now have a blank screen and a very peeved toddler to deal with!   Is anyone else seeing this issue please? We've restarted the box to no effect.  Thanks! 

APN1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @AllPointsNorth1 

Sorry I can't help with that as I don't subscribe to Baby TV.

I know you're always on the ball, but just in case, have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? 

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Using Service Status for my area, Baby TV isn't listed as having any problems.

I'm inclined to think it's a channel issue, however it's also possibly a signal issue, but that usually resilts in pixelation rather than blanks creens..

The screenshot below lists the channels that broadcast on the same frequency as Baby TV on VM's systems.  If they are pixelated it may be a signal issue.

babytv.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @AllPointsNorth1 

Sorry I can't help with that as I don't subscribe to Baby TV.

I know you're always on the ball, but just in case, have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? 

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Using Service Status for my area, Baby TV isn't listed as having any problems.

I'm inclined to think it's a channel issue, however it's also possibly a signal issue, but that usually resilts in pixelation rather than blanks creens..

The screenshot below lists the channels that broadcast on the same frequency as Baby TV on VM's systems.  If they are pixelated it may be a signal issue.

babytv.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Cheers @newapollo, we've just switched back into the channel and it's back on air, but periodically freezing; no pixelation but it's sort of watchable for now. 

I did use the service status but it showed nothing out of the ordinary.  I'll keep an eye on it and if it blanks again, I'll try the service status line.

Thanks for the assist!

APN1

Hello @AllPointsNorth1,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I can see that you have been getting help from our forums community members, is this now resolved? I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi @Hayley_S,

The problem hasn't recurred, certainly not while we've had the channel on.  The only little hiccups now are the occasional blip in sound or picture quality, but that resolves very quickly with no lasting effects on the channel.  We've run the diagnostics on the box when that happens, and also switched into some of the channels that @newapollo mentioned, which are on the same frequency, and none of those show any indication of disturbance to the transmission.  At this point in time, I suspect it's possibly Baby TV's output which is messed up, rather than anything VM are doing! 🙂

Cheers for getting in touch.

APN1

Thank you for letting us know. 

Please do get in touch if we can assist in the future. 

Take care, 

Nat