Menu
Highlighted
davybozal53
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

BBCiplayer

I tried to watch Ripper Street on BBCiplayer catchup TV last night via my Virgin Media Tivo box and the loading process was very slow and eventually developed the usual problem like make sure you have no loose cables and the like so after rebooting my Tivo box and trying again the same problem arose so I ended up watching Whitechapel via the Netflix channel which loaded no problem . What is the point of catchup TV if it constantly does not work properly .

machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBCiplayer

TiVo boxes can't handle those functions
kevtaylor
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No catch-up service (i.e. Iplayer) or video on demand service (i.e. Netflix) works to any satisfactory level on the Tivo. I gave up on both long ago as the box is too slow to handle these services and the broadband connection to the Tivo is not good enough to stream them.

A solution is to use Iplayer or Netflix on another device (phone or tablet) and stream it to a chromecast or other streaming device attached to your TV.

machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good advice but ....Of course the solution involves not using virgin media's supplied hardware which seems odd when you are paying for it
tartanspice77
Just joined
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I keep getting this too and have even tried to change the video quality in settings as suggested but to no avail. I can't understand why it's only on BBC iPlayer and none of the other catch up services. I would almost expect the BBC to be better no worse. It is very frustrating.
Did you resolve the problem?
tartanspice77
Just joined
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My feeling exactly. It isn't fit for purpose. I've tried to get an online chat going to get advice from Virgin but, of course, I get "all our agents are busy, try again later"
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

oh I definitely get it on all streaming services except sky movies
anything with an app, Youtube, Netflix is useless
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello everyone,

Sorry to hear you're all experiencing problems with BBC iPlayer.

The BBC iPlayer app can take time to start up because of all the content that needs to load.

This shouldn't prevent any of the programs from playing however so please let me know whether there's any error codes.

Thank you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide