cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC programmes recorded

Rillington
Up to speed

How long do Tivo box users have to watch BBC programmes recorded from the stand definition channels before the recordings are deleted?

When BBC Four SD was removed, the recordings were available for a year. How long will the recordings from BBC One and BBC Two SD be accessible?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Previous changes with BBC channel IDs allowed 12 months before the background metadata (which allows the programmes to be viewed) was removed. This seems standard for PSB channels. The temporary channels like the current Eurosport Olympic channels will only allow 3 months for viewing.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

These programmes will be available for upto a year.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thank you for your reply.

You say up to a year so could they be deleted much sooner than this time next year or is it the case that the programmes will be available until February 2023?

asked the same question on the cableforum website and was told that it was three months unless told differently by Virgin Media. Can someone who works for the company please find out how long recordings from the now removed standard definition feeds of BBC One and BBC Two will be available on Tivo set-top boxes.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Previous changes with BBC channel IDs allowed 12 months before the background metadata (which allows the programmes to be viewed) was removed. This seems standard for PSB channels. The temporary channels like the current Eurosport Olympic channels will only allow 3 months for viewing.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Rillington
Up to speed

Given that it is now almost three months since these channels were removed, will any recordings on the Tivo box continue to be available beyond a week or so from now or will they be available for 12 months, as was the case when BBC Four SD was removed?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As per previous posts, 12 months has been the standard time with all PSB changes in the past.

There's nothing to suggest it's any different this time - I personally think it's more than generous.

Thank you for a very prompt reply.

As you rightly say, it was 12 months for PSB channels, as it was for BBC Four (and presumably for BBC News Channel) and i hope this will be the case with BBC One SD, BBC Two SD and BBC Parliament SD.