Menu
Shugg
Up to speed
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

BBC iplayer Fast Forward

I noticed on a friend's V6 box that you can now see where you are when FF. When is this coming to Tivo? 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC iplayer Fast Forward

The iPlayer app is a third party app. VM just update it when an update is received from the BBC. Updates are usually rolled out in stages.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not my experience on my V6.

Are you sure it was BBC and not another channel?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I really hope this is true. I think it's pathetic that you have to guess when to stop fast-forwarding. I believe the new On Demand system Virgin are using for Sky Cinema (and will eventually use for all programming) is like this as well. Major step backwards and a massive downgrade in functionality if you ask me.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@av-115 wrote:

I really hope this is true. I think it's pathetic that you have to guess when to stop fast-forwarding. I believe the new On Demand system Virgin are using for Sky Cinema (and will eventually use for all programming) is like this as well. Major step backwards and a massive downgrade in functionality if you ask me.

I ought to say I also have the BBC iPlayer on 3 Smart TV's of different ages, & I get this issue all of them. With the BBC this is an App issue, not the V6.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@nodrogd wrote:

@av-115 wrote:

I ought to say I also have the BBC iPlayer on 3 Smart TV's of different ages, & I get this issue all of them. With the BBC this is an App issue, not the V6.

Yes it is an issue with the app on all platforms. But soon it will be an issue for all on demand programming on Virgin's platform, that's the point.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Shugg
Up to speed
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've checked this out again: The box is actually a TiVo NOT a V6. On FF in BBC iPlayer you get a display below the main picture which shows the programme much like you would get on a computer when you slide the progress bar. No idea how to replicate this on my own TiVo as the FF just does the usual, shows the timecode and you have to guess where you are.

Anyone else get it?

0 Kudos