Menu
andrewweb
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

BBC iPlayer issue?

Hello, 

i have virgin broadband as there had been problem using the bbc iPlayer through the virgin TiVo box as we are within virgin broadband account with virgin. Why shouldn’t we need to sign in with the bbc despite we have already logged in with virgin broadband account. If there a fault with the TiVo service which there shouldn’t need to use the bbc log in account as we cannot get in to the bbc iPlayer at all due it is already logged in with virgin main broadband account. It’s wrong to re log in the bbc account because we pays monthly broadband bills with virgin & not the bbc at all. Can they  remove the sign in page off the virgin TiVo service Bbc iPlayer off instead to use virgin main log in account?

it is ridiculous of whether TiVo box is out of date now despite these customer is using virgin v6 box which should not need to log in at all to the bbc iPlayer, but what they suggest to log in to the main virgin account & not the bbc iPlayer to watch catch up tv?

andrew.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC iPlayer issue?

Hi andrewweb,

Thanks for your post.

Very sorry to hear you are having trouble with this.

I have had a look online and had some information about logging in here 

Please take a look and if you have any further trouble with this, please let us know,.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
andrewweb
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Thanks for info. It is wrong to have the log in despite that Virginmedia users have the TiVo box service users account & why should they needs to log in to the bbc iPlayer despite they have the tv TiVo box from virgin? There should no need to log in at all with virgin TiVo box to use i

layer it was log in free for year which have no problem.

andrew.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

...because the BBC now require you to login to their BBC iPlayer service using a userid you register with them. Their service, they control access.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
andrewweb
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

thanks this is ridiculous! Does the bbc has link to the virgin broadband users log in account to use the bbc iPlayer as they are subscribed by paying the virgin broadband service using the tv TiVo set top box from virgin & why does this required to log in separate as it is disgusting as the virgin user account to use the bbc iPlayer in which it’s doesnt need to log in at all because it’s not a computer or a Mac pc, but surely what on earth should they just login in a single virgin broadband user account which they pay the bill to use the bbc iPlayer via virgin TiVo service?

andrew.

0 Kudos