cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC Wales 864

2G
On our wavelength

Tonight I was missing my son and tried to watch my recording of a Cardiff half marathon which he had completed, I had been able to find a section in which he was running.  As you can imagine to an octogenarian whose son lives 400 miles away that little live glimpse is precious.  I got a notice saying the channel was no longer available and I could not access the recording yet it is still live.  I know it will sound silly but this has upset me. Why, when the channel is still there with the same number can I not watch it?

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @2G 

Is the recording still showing in your saved programs?

BBC iPlayer generally keeps programs for up to one year.  

I used the search button on my 360 and it brought up results for the 2018 Cardiff Half Marathon (2018) and also the Cardiff World Half Marathon  Championships(2018) which are both on You Tube. It also suggested that there are more episodes of that available on You Tube.

Log into the You Tube app on your TIVO and perform a search you will find more programs of the Cardiff Half Marathon from other years.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

2G
On our wavelength

Thank you. I’ll try that but don’t hold out much hope.  It was a 4 hour recording and I don’t know if I’ll ever find the clip again.  I had the recording set to resume at the right point.  Thank you for your suggestion.  I just don’t understand why the channel is still there on the same number and yet the recording which still shows on my list is gone.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@2G wrote:

Thank you. I’ll try that but don’t hold out much hope.  It was a 4 hour recording and I don’t know if I’ll ever find the clip again.  I had the recording set to resume at the right point.  Thank you for your suggestion.  I just don’t understand why the channel is still there on the same number and yet the recording which still shows on my list is gone.

As you have recorded from 864 I assume you are outside Wales. The BBC recently removed all the standard definition feeds of the regional BBC1 channels on Virgin & replaced them with high definition feeds. These have different channel IDs to the older versions. With the SD version IDs removed from the guide any recordings with that ID will no longer play & will show as no longer subscribed.

I should also point out that Virgin recording facilities are licenced by the broadcasters for time shifting purposes only, not as permanent recordings. So if your box fails or is otherwise replaced you will lose all your recordings anyway.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Series-links-for-BBC-national-regions-861-865/td-... 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

2G
On our wavelength

Thank you.

Hi @2G

Thanks for posting on our community forum and my apologies for the inconvenience

I hope the above has brought some clarification to the query, do you have any further questions that would require answering on the topic?

I'd love to help further if I possibly could, but again my apologies for the inconvenience caused with the recording.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

2G
On our wavelength

Thank you.  I think it’s a lost cause.  I could probably find it on You tube but have accepted I might never hit on the clip.

Thanks for coming back to us @2G and sorry to hear that the recording has been lost, the reason for this is as @nodrogd advised about the channel change over that recently went ahead when our BBC channels changed over to HD from SD. 

I have checked BBC iPlayer and the episode is no longer available, I think the best chance to watch this again via YouTube.  

Regards,

Steven_L

2G
On our wavelength

Thank you.  I found it on You tube but as I said in an earlier reply it’ll be difficult finding the clip in a 4 hour recording.  However I appreciate all the help offered

Molly

Glad to hear you found the program on youtube @2G. I am sorry that you have lost the channel and recording due to the BBC moving their feeds to HD. Hopefully you'll be able to find the clip of your son without having to watch the whole 4hours. 

If you have any other questions or concerns with your service please do not hesitate to ask, we'll be here to help. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley