Menu
Highlighted
MrsKLS
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

BBC Scotland

For years I've been recording Eggheads on BBC2 HD but for some reason, this week it's started recording on BBC Scotland.  Any idea why?  It's not a problem at the moment because the programme is still recording but I'm a bit concerned that I might lose some of my other planned BBC2 HD programmes (when the new series start etc) if they're not shown on BBC Scotland.

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: BBC Scotland

Almost certainly one of two things is going on here...

1: Your series link is set to either "everything" or "new and reruns", the box picks up the BBC Scotland shows, doesn't see them in your 28day history so records them again. As per design.

2: Your series link is set to "new only", and BBC Scotland is showing these as subtle re-edits therefore a new "first aired date" because these are technically, new shows.

I suspect with Eggheads option "1" is more likely, but C4 (with house programs) and BBC Scotland more recently, have plenty of form with option "2"

As regards your concern over losing other BBC2 programs, no that won't happen. There's another thread recently where someone's complaining about their box recording duplicate programs because of an unrelated scenario - but the point being that TiVo is designed to "record if in doubt" - if the same show with the same first-aired-date goes out on BBC Scotland first, then your box will record that first and then treat BBC2 as a repeat. If the programs have different OAD, then both shows will be recorded.

I hope this makes sense.

0 Kudos
MrsKLS
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, that makes sense.  My TiVo is set to record new only so it's likely the second explanation.  Thanks for the help, it's a relief to know my other planned recordings are safe.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

BBC2 Scotland no longer exists, & has been replaced by BBC2 England which has a different channel ID. This is further confused by BBC Scotland now running some BBC2 programmes in its schedules.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos