Menu
Beesknees
Tuning in
Message 1 of 32
Flag for a moderator

BBC News HD 601 Issues

Since the BBC News HD Channel moved from 604 to 601 I have experienced poor sound and image reception issues. Any thoughts on what I can do to resolve this?

Mervynhancock
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC News HD 601 Issues

Since the switch from Channel 604 to 601 the picture goes on and off at regular intervals. It is very annoying and the Virgin Media Customer service is up to its usual poor standard.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mia_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Bessknees,

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community.

We're sorry to hear about the issues you're having with BBC News HD. Let's try and get a solution for you.

What TV box are you using? Does it happen to other HD channels, too or just with BBC?

Please let me know so we can take a further look at it.

-Mia_C

0 Kudos
Mervynhancock
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Just BBC news on 601. Other customers have reported the same problem since it switched from 601.

0 Kudos
Beesknees
Tuning in
Message 5 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mia

The problem is just with BBC News HD, seems to have been since it moved from 604 to 601.  I have a TiVo box.

If I access the BBC News channel via the red button there doesn't seem to be any issue. So it's just a specific issue with 601.

As other people have also reported the issue can I suggest that until the problem is resolved that the SD version of the channel is provided.

Many Thanks 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Chai_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Beesknees.

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide this channel on SD while waiting for this issue to be fixed.

Rest assured, we have fed this back to our team to have them look further into it.

Kind regards,

Chai_S

0 Kudos
Mervynhancock
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 32
Flag for a moderator

There seems to be little effort in resolving the problem with BBC NEWS CHANNEL on 601. Your customer service team based in Asia just advises to keep rebooting the box which doesn't work. For me, this channel is the main one I tune into each morning, the alternative being the annoying, advert riddled, SKY NEWS which works perfectly well. Why did you move BBC from 604 in the first place if there is a problem. WHEN and IF AT ALL is it going to b e fixed?

Beesknees
Tuning in
Message 8 of 32
Flag for a moderator

I have to agree with you. This problem has been known for a while and sadly there has been no progress in improving the quality of the channel. If they are struggling to resolve the issue they should at least have the decency to keep their customers informed. I think they may lose one customer if there is no improvement in the next few days.

0 Kudos
Mervynhancock
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 32
Flag for a moderator

I have been with Virgin for over 20 years and problems with the Asian based customer services team is ongoing. The only reason I have not switched to SKY is the fact that my daughter took this course last year and found them to be equally bad! It annoys me how Virgin treats loyal customers by charging them high prices and giving them bad service. I am constantly getting mail shots through my door offering new customers more perks than my package at half the price. But this Channel problem could be the last straw. I am looking at Freeview and BT broadband.

Beesknees
Tuning in
Message 10 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Dear Chai

Please can you give me a progress report on what your colleagues are doing to resolve the reported issue.

Many Thanks

0 Kudos