Menu
fatwelshman
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

BBC I player

I see watching BBC i player through Tivo has always been buffering issues.

Would anybody like to confirm that both organisations are eventually going to solve it?

Or are both organisations just taking my money with no intention of offering a service?

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC I player

Its a Virgin issue and will never be solved, you would need a v6 box which doesnt have this long standing known issue

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I didn't know the TiVo iPlayer had any more of a known buffering issue than any other online app.

0 Kudos
fatwelshman
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It will never be solved then, I have a v6 box.

Note turning the Tivo off and running through the smart TV  showed no problems with I player. Thefore the problem is with Virgin.

Solve it or I'm off

0 Kudos
fatwelshman
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

PS stop sending me e-mails with congratulating me on joining this community.
0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've got a TiVo box and yes, the iPlayer app is slow to load and probably takes a couple of minutes to startup and get a stream going. But once it's running, I have no complaints with what is a perfectly smooth playback with no issues. Many people say the V6 box is a lot quicker at opening the app, eliminating that issue too.

Although both TiVo & V6 are primarily recording boxes, and I'd naturally have to ask whether you're choosing to not record programs where you can? VOD is a great insurance policy with the terrestrial channels, but isn't meant to replace personal recordings.

0 Kudos