Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 31 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC HD Channels moving up

@JurassicMark wrote:

Whereabouts are these messages on the Home screen?  I have a TiVo box but can't see anything relevant to this topic after pressing the HOME button.

The messages have been / are in one of the four panels at the top of the screen.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Superuser
Superuser
Message 32 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@Tavis75 wrote:

@Graham_A wrote:

On my box series links set for 102 automatically changed to 865.  The odd few I had got set on 162 will need changing, but that can't be done until the target programme next becomes available.

Having to wait till they become available on the moved channel is annoying, either means hoping you remember when the series restarts (and actually notice it is restarting) or setting series links to all channels, which I've done for my series links but now getting loads of recordings of old episodes of Mock the Week on Dave as they are flagged as new (as they're new to Dave).

This is only necessary where the previous channel, in this case 162, has been removed, I believe.

In Scotland, 108 was moved to 101 and all series links, current and dormant, were correctly moved.

JurassicMark
On our wavelength
Message 33 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@BenMcr wrote:

@JurassicMark wrote:

Whereabouts are these messages on the Home screen?  I have a TiVo box but can't see anything relevant to this topic after pressing the HOME button.

The messages have been / are in one of the four panels at the top of the screen.

I can see it now but it wasn't there last night.  It's currently showing on the far right panel, where it had something about the BT Sport channels last night.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 34 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@JurassicMark wrote:

I can see it now but it wasn't there last night.  It's currently showing on the far right panel, where it had something about the BT Sport channels last night.

There were both BBC and BT Sport channel changes yesterday, so the on-screen message swapped between the two changes.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
vginforum
On our wavelength
Message 35 of 41
Flag for a moderator

At first I thought it was my fault as I inadvertently unplugged my Tivo last night.

Went to watch my two recordings for the evening (Both BBC2 series) and they weren't there. Came here and discovered what happened. Fixed it.

I didn't know the line at the top of the Home screen was called the Discover bar but I never look at it as I never want to watch a box set or buy a film. So I never saw a warning about the change.

I think Virginmedia were at fault in not telling us in an email. If they can email about setting up a recording while I'm on the train home, they could surely let us know about something like this.

And any chance we could get some means of changing the order of the channels? Now BBC2 shows above BBC1 in my 'Favourites'

alphabetagaga
Up to speed
Message 36 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@vginforum wrote:

At first I thought it was my fault as I inadvertently unplugged my Tivo last night.

Went to watch my two recordings for the evening (Both BBC2 series) and they weren't there. Came here and discovered what happened. Fixed it.

I didn't know the line at the top of the Home screen was called the Discover bar but I never look at it as I never want to watch a box set or buy a film. So I never saw a warning about the change.

I think Virginmedia were at fault in not telling us in an email. If they can email about setting up a recording while I'm on the train home, they could surely let us know about something like this.

And any chance we could get some means of changing the order of the channels? Now BBC2 shows above BBC1 in my 'Favourites'

agree! current setup is ridiculous

0 Kudos
japitts
Knows their stuff
Message 37 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@Tavis75 wrote:

@Graham_A wrote:

On my box series links set for 102 automatically changed to 865.  The odd few I had got set on 162 will need changing, but that can't be done until the target programme next becomes available.

Having to wait till they become available on the moved channel is annoying, either means hoping you remember when the series restarts (and actually notice it is restarting) or setting series links to all channels, which I've done for my series links but now getting loads of recordings of old episodes of Mock the Week on Dave as they are flagged as new (as they're new to Dave).

As far as TiVo scheduling goes, the "first aired date" in the EPG is King - and all the episodes of Mock the Week that I've checked on Dave have old dates. So the only reason your box should be scheduling these is if your series link is set to record "everything" or potentially "new & reruns". Either way, change the option to "new only" and your problems should be resolved.

If not, then perhaps post some specific examples of episodes you think are recording in error, and details of your series link settings, and I'm sure someone on here will be happy to check them out.

0 Kudos
Adamwalshe
Joining in
Message 38 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Is there any news on ITV and channel 4 moving to the 103/104 spots too?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 39 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@Adamwalshe wrote:

Is there any news on ITV and channel 4 moving to the 103/104 spots too?

Not that I have seen, thank goodness.  Taking ITV as an example picture quality is no different between SD and HD nor do they use Dolby 5.1 suround sound, which is really the only advantage for HD other than for sports or nature programmes.

JurassicMark
On our wavelength
Message 40 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@BenMcr wrote:

@JurassicMark wrote:

There were both BBC and BT Sport channel changes yesterday, so the on-screen message swapped between the two changes.

So it was pot luck as to whether a saw it or not.

0 Kudos