Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 21 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC HD Channels moving up

@Andrew-H wrote:

BBC 1 Eng is on 861, BBC 2 Eng is on 865, but what I want to know is what package I need to get bbc 1 Scotland on 862? It seems odd that I am not subscribed.

Looks like a guide error.  Keying in the channel numbers directly bring up 862 through 865 for me.

Jude2
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 41
Flag for a moderator

This has happened to me too.  Had them yesterday 

@Andrew-H wrote:

BBC 1 Eng is on 861, BBC 2 Eng is on 865, but what I want to know is what package I need to get bbc 1 Scotland on 862? It seems odd that I am not subscribed.

Any ideas why

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 23 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I have raised this with VM.  I suspect it is a glitch and they will be able to correct the guide asap.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 24 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Seems to have been resolved on my guide at least.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 25 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@Surfergirl wrote:
So basically Virgin are saying we have to upgrade to an HD TV and record in HD, with no choice. Nice customer service!!

No one is saying you need to have an HD TV. The V+ HD / V HD and older TiVo boxes all have a SCART connection and will downgrade HD channels to SD. 

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
JurassicMark
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Was there any warning of this change?  I found out a couple of hours ago after keying in channel 162 and it saying it's not available. There was an on-screen notice when viewing the UKTV Channels before we temporarily lost them but didn't see anything on channel 162 recently.  I've also missed 'Richard Osman's House of Games' as that obviously didn't record, so have watched that on iPlayer.  I guess I'll have to manually go through all my series links now.  Surely this can be done automatically when such changes are made. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 27 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@JurassicMark wrote:

Was there any warning of this change?  I found out a couple of hours ago after keying in channel 162 and it saying it's not available. There was an on-screen notice when viewing the UKTV Channels before we temporarily lost them but didn't see anything on channel 162 recently.  I've also missed 'Richard Osman's House of Games' as that obviously didn't record, so have watched that on iPlayer.  I guess I'll have to manually go through all my series links now.  Surely this can be done automatically when such changes are made. 

There have been messages on the Home screen of the TiVo and V6 boxes since last week saying the BBC and BT Sport channels were moving. There are still messages there now saying they have moved.

Because not everyone got the same change for the BBC I don't think it was possible to put a direct message on the channels. For instance Scotland didn't get BBC Two HD on 102 and has kept 162 and England didn't get BBC One HD on 101 and has kept 108.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Superuser
Superuser
Message 28 of 41
Flag for a moderator

On my box series links set for 102 automatically changed to 865.  The odd few I had got set on 162 will need changing, but that can't be done until the target programme next becomes available.

JurassicMark
On our wavelength
Message 29 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@BenMcr wrote:

@JurassicMark wrote:

There have been messages on the Home screen of the TiVo and V6 boxes since last week saying the BBC and BT Sport channels were moving. There are still messages there now saying they have moved.

Because not everyone got the same change for the BBC I don't think it was possible to put a direct message on the channels. For instance Scotland didn't get BBC Two HD on 102 and has kept 162 and England didn't get BBC One HD on 101 and has kept 108.

Whereabouts are these messages on the Home screen?  I have a TiVo box but can't see anything relevant to this topic after pressing the HOME button.

I accept the explanation for not having a direct message on the channel.

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 30 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@Graham_A wrote:

On my box series links set for 102 automatically changed to 865.  The odd few I had got set on 162 will need changing, but that can't be done until the target programme next becomes available.

Having to wait till they become available on the moved channel is annoying, either means hoping you remember when the series restarts (and actually notice it is restarting) or setting series links to all channels, which I've done for my series links but now getting loads of recordings of old episodes of Mock the Week on Dave as they are flagged as new (as they're new to Dave).

0 Kudos