Menu
Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 11 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC HD Channels moving up

The channels moving up is good, but a bit annoying about series links having to be set up again, especially as having just started to go through mine I've found that, as far as I can tell I can only pick the new BBC2 HD channel for shows that have episodes upcoming on that channel. So I will have to watch out for the series I have links for returning and change the links then. Or I guess set them to record on all channels and hope I don't get too many episodes picked up from random channels.

0 Kudos
GarethF
Rising star
Message 12 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Set your SL to ALL - all mine are and no issues with multiple recordings 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 13 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@GarethF wrote:

Set your SL to ALL - all mine are and no issues with multiple recordings 

Good tip but not that easy when you have in excess of 400 series links.

0 Kudos
alphabetagaga
Up to speed
Message 14 of 41
Flag for a moderator

anyone know if itv 1hd, ch4hd and ch5hd are planned to be all moving up too?

0 Kudos
GarethF
Rising star
Message 15 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I'd hope so, no need for SD in 2018

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 16 of 41
Flag for a moderator

ITV 1 HD can't move yet as there aren't as many HD regions as SD regions. Not sure if similar region differences for advertising exist for Channel 4 or Channel 5

Similar reason as to why BBC One on 101 is still SD in England - the news regions aren't broadcast on BBC One HD England.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 17 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@BenMcr wrote:

ITV 1 HD can't move yet as there aren't as many HD regions as SD regions. Not sure if similar region differences for advertising exist for Channel 4 or Channel 5

Similar reason as to why BBC One on 101 is still SD in England - the news regions aren't broadcast on BBC One HD England.

Ch4 & Ch5 only carry London region advertising ATM. Until Arqiva can sort all the knitting out & get the correct feeds in place then the channel swap cant happen.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Surfergirl
Joining in
Message 18 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Absolute rubbish!  Lots of people still have older TVs which don’t like HD, so yes we still want SD channels

Surfergirl
Joining in
Message 19 of 41
Flag for a moderator

This is total rubbish! I have an older TV in the bedroom which doesn’t like HD, and I also record in SD because it takes less space. So why is it just Wales and NI which are losing BBC2 SD? Why isn’t this being offered on a different channel? - there are plenty to choose from!

So basically Virgin are saying we have to upgrade to an HD TV and record in HD, with no choice. Nice customer service!!
Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 20 of 41
Flag for a moderator

BBC 1 Eng is on 861, BBC 2 Eng is on 865, but what I want to know is what package I need to get bbc 1 Scotland on 862? It seems odd that I am not subscribed.

These are just my opinions. Feel free to completely ignore my advice. The above message may contain sarcasm (if you can't find it, you're not looking hard enough)
0 Kudos