Menu
Gofer
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Appaling Customer Service!!!!

First of all there is a reported fault I'm my area. I understand that.

The problem with this Tivo has been going on for months so is not related to the area fault. this was impossible to explain to the customer adviser so I got nowhere.

The remote control device works fine so its not that.

I have three Tivo boxes in my house (The older style) and only one is faulty. (my neighbours are not having problems with tivo either).

I have had the fault diagnosis thing sent down the line, I have switched on and off, I have checked all the connections, unplugged, I have re down loaded in "settings" Virgin connections, cleaned the card thing in the back but nothing has worked.

The Problem.

The TiVo has a mind of its own, it may work for a while and then when the channel is changed you get a black screen followed by a 2 or 3 minute delay before it changes. sometimes it freezes and nothing happens.

If I want to go into settings for any reason the screen often freezes with a green screen

if I go to "Home" the thing locks up.

Every time I do a restart it works for a short time and the whole process starts again.

This is not the intermittent fault  as the result of local repairs the customer advisor insisted on, this is much more serious.

This is in my sons bedroom. He can't remember when it was actually working properly, definitely months ago. He never got round to mentioning it to me and I have only recently been trying to resolve it.

I definitely need an engineer to look at it but couldn't articulate this to the customer service operator. How am going to resolve this?

There is nothing more I can do personally, I've done every test and recommendation possible. The TV is unwatchable.

I have noticed today that whenever  I do a restart ( about 6 times today) a blue light appears on the right hand side which eventually goes off. is this significant? it does not appear on any of the other boxes in the house.

Should I insist on a TiVo upgrade, after all I've been a Virgin customer for years.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Appaling Customer Service!!!!

Hi Phone and go down the thinking of leaving us route you will get through to a person in the UK who know what they are taking about and hopefully will solve the issue, you definitely need an engineer visit.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Gofer
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just want to say that in relation to the above title, I didn't write that! I don't know why it appeared as that. A more appropriate title would have been "feeling frustrated"

I am generally happy with the Virgin Customer service.

Hope that clears things up.

G

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A Green screen is generally down to a failing hard drive

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gofer,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the TiVo® issues.

I'll pop you a quick PM so I can get some further details.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Gofer
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just like to say that after posting on here the matter was dealt with by Virgin very quickly. Technician came round and concluded the TiVo was beyond help and it was replaced/ upgraded straight away. Excellent forum.

(Just to reiterate I never actually chose the title of this post I honestly don’t know why it appeared like that)

Thanks to everyone concerned.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Gofer and really pleased to hear he issue has now been resolved. If you need us in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch 🙂

Rob

0 Kudos