Menu
mgdisgruntled
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Anyone having problems with customer support?

I've been having major problems with the TV picture breaking up for the past 2 months so I can't watch anything and Virgin have been very unhelpful.  I've got 4 case reference numbers but they say it's sorted. How can I get to speak to a live body and get an engineer round?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anyone having problems with customer support?

Pixellation is often the result of a signal issue, can you elaborate on what you mean by "Virgin have been very unhelpful"?

Have you reported your fault to VM and what have they done so far, to try to fix it?

I'm presuming your reference numbers relate to complaints cases?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mgdisgruntled
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I realise the issue is related to signal which is why I keep trying to contact Virgin.  I have tried a different TV plugged in and get the same problem.  I have to reboot the Tivo box at least once every evening in order to stabilise it - which suggests to me it is the box at fault.  I have tried to speak to a live person on the phone but only get automated replies.  I have submitted complaint on the complaints section which is where the reference numbers come in .... they seem to be about 5 weeks behind and have done nothing.  It is appalling service - in fact, it is no service at all.

0 Kudos
mgdisgruntled
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just exactly what does one have to do to get a live person to address the problem? 

I have now called the subsection that deals with leaving the service .... and have been put on hold for 30 mins (.....and counting.....) to be put through to a dept that deals with faults...What a joke.  Does anyone have the Ombudsman's contact details to hand so I can make a further complaint?

If I gave my clients this sort of service I'd have been out of business years ago.  This is not a COVID problem, it is a Virginmedia problem

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You can view VM's complaints policy here

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mgdisgruntled
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have already done this 5 times, I have 5 complaint reference numbers.  This does not include the 5 times I have called the phone number given, which then sends a link to .... the complaints/contact us page.

I had an engineer out on saturday and all was fine ... for 2 hours then it all started breaking up again.  The message said they would run a check on the equipment which came up with the solution that the TiVo box was at fault.  The engineer checked all connections and everything else .. but did not replace the TiVo box.  Is there any way anyone checks these messages?

0 Kudos