cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another pixelation issue

Candia
On our wavelength

Main box is V6 but other room has the old TIVO.  Some channels completely unwatchable. 

Checked all cables, done hard reboot, which did work for 24 hours.  Now back to unwatchable.  As I've noticed elsewhere, live tv - sport etc does seem to be worse.

Looking forward for replies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Candia,

Great to hear the new box has resolved the issue, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

If you have 2 boxes, are they both affected? If so, the problem could be external. If only one, then swap them around and see whether the fault follows the box or remains with the location.

If the fault is on both boxes, check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them. 150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Candia
On our wavelength

Many thanks for the reply.  Issue is only on the Tivo.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So swap the boxes around and see what happens.

If the fault follows the swap, the box is at fault.

If the problem doesn't move, your internal cabling has a problem.

Once you know which, you can report to VM as per my previous post.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi Candia, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue with your TiVo box. 

Taking a look at the account, there is currently an open fault affecting you. The details of this are below:

• Fault reference number: F009450996
  • Estimated fix time: 22 NOV 2021 09:00
  • Description: Status report || You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

I have made a note of this on your account so the relevant teams are aware you are affected. If there is anything else we can do, let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just a thought @Kath_F  - but if that's an external fault, wouldn't that affect both boxes in the house?

Just seems odd that the OP here only has a problem on one box. The box swap results will be quite telling.

Candia
On our wavelength

Hi Kath

I swapped the box and it is deffo the Tivo box.  We haven't noticed any picture freezing or disappearing.

Cheers

Hi Japitts, 

You are right, we would expect to see the fault on both boxes however until the fault has been resolved, we're not able to book an engineer to do the replacement. 

@Candia, thanks for swapping the boxes and confirming the results. Once the fault has closed, we will get an engineer out to do a box swap. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Candia

Thanks for swapping the boxes and as advised it appears to be a set top box issue. From checking the fault reference this looks ot have now been resolved so I will send you a Private Message to get some more details to arrange for the box to be swapped.

Thanks

Rob

Thanks for confirming the requested details Candia, I've arranged a visit and you can find the details here Please let me know if there are any issues with the date or time and I can look to change this for you.

Rob