cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another DVR failure

marko
Dialled in

Hello guys, we received the DVR failure green screen today and have attempted to allow it 3 hours but nothing, unplugged the box and allowed about 20 minutes to pass, starts up and goes through the usual routine then the DVR failure screen reappears.

Could this be actioned by a forum team member to have a replacement sent and I'll happily pass your phone number on to my wife who has a catalogue of recordings which will now likely be lost forever (presumably), if not she'll happily not be reaching down the phone line.

Thanks in advance

Marko

14 REPLIES 14

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Marko,

It seems you have the green screen of death and will need a box replacement. 

The catalogue of recordings will be lost forever as will all the series links.

It's not the words you, or wife want to hear, but the quickest method for a remedy is using the phone unfortunately.

That's 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues or around tea time.

When calling Faults you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support, run tests etc

Ignore the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few hours. 

Forum Staff can take a few days to pick up your issue here

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave, really appreciate you taking the time to respond, and the reason I posted on the forums was purely because I've had experience of phoning customer services before only to be frustrated beyond reason and being asked to do what I've already done and asked what colour lights are on the box, etc, etc so I'd be more than happy to wait for a member of staff to PM me and arrange a replacement, luckily we have two boxes so the wife hasn't quite reached her breaking point yet, but I'll just go stay with relatives once the new box arrives and she realises she's lost everything and wait for the dust to settle 🙂

Thanks again for the reply, appreciate it

Marko

Strangely and unexpectedly the box has started working again, left it overnight and now back !! Will cancel the request for a new box for now but may be back 🙂

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for the update @marko 

Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

OK, so now the error has returned but the other Tivo box we have has now also developed an S102 error which means we can't access TV, wow, are VM really unaware that all these boxes aren't sending the wrongs signals all over the place?.   Can this please be escalated or dealt with ASAP please, I understand 150 is the quickest option but we're leaving tomorrow morning for a weekend with family and really don't want my day to be spent talking to someone on a script or asking me to repeat everything I've already done, reset, disconnect, wait, etc, etc.

So to recap, one of our two boxes has a DVR serious error which will likely need replaced and the other now has an S102 error which means it can't connect to Wi-Fi, etc, or update the listings or watch TV and I have confirmed the Wi-Fi is working fine, even reset the box but the tiVo refuses to connect.

Cheers
Marko

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @marko 

There's currently a national outage which may explain the S102 error.

For latest updates check <<< here >>> 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Thanks for update Dave, appreciated 🙂
Marko

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

And for the benefit of others reading this thread, it's no surprise to me that your box failed for a second time after "recovering" initially.

The green screen "DVR has detected an error" means hard drive failure - those can't be repaired except by means of box-replacement.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yeh, hoping someone from VM will catch this thread and send a replacement 🙂