Menu
stevenwb11
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Amazon Prime on VM

I have successfully got Amazon Prime working on my V6 box. There doesn't seem to be an option to put it on the old style TiVo.

Closer reading it seems it's only available on V6. Trying to get through to enquire about upgrading the 2nd box.

No option for CS, went "technical" and got transferred. Gave up waiting. Any idea on cost or how to do it?

0 Kudos
stevenwb11
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon Prime on VM

Just got the answer, no you can't get it on TiVo. An upgrade to V6 will cost £134  

Unless there is a fault with your old box, then they upgrade for free. 

Any ideas on how to break it and look like a fault?

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

'Any ideas on how to break it and look like a fault?'

so you are publicly asking for options of committing a criminal act and how to get away with it.  the boxes are the property of virgin media.

stevenwb11
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@jamesofmerton wrote:

'Any ideas on how to break it and look like a fault?'

so you are publicly asking for options of committing a criminal act and how to get away with it.  the boxes are the property of virgin media.

A supreme example of how tongue in cheek humour doesn't work on social media!  If I was serious, do you think I would be daft enough to ask on a page supported by Virgin Media?

So you can climb down off your soap box.

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

no maybe not but when that box does die now VM have a reason to suspect damage.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

'do you think I would be daft enough to ask on a page supported by Virgin Media?'

you did.

'A supreme example of how tongue in cheek humour doesn't work on social media!'

tell that to the judge. without any form of smiley face, LOL or other description that it was in anyway a joke, no one believes you.

'Any ideas on how to break it and look like a fault?' in no way suggests you are joking.

i won't be commenting further on this one either on or off my soapbox. .

BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I saw your original post of any ideas how I can break it and had a chuckle yesterday as despite not knowing you it must have been a joke.
Can't believe there are comments now of are you really asking and now Virgin have a reason to doubt your issue etc.
Lighten up folks. I thought I could be uptight at times but wow.
stevenwb11
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@BinghamBloke wrote:
I saw your original post of any ideas how I can break it and had a chuckle yesterday as despite not knowing you it must have been a joke.
Can't believe there are comments now of are you really asking and now Virgin have a reason to doubt your issue etc.
Lighten up folks. I thought I could be uptight at times but wow.

Yes, he must be a barrel of laughs. Criminal acts and judges"!!!! 

There were originally two posts, the first seeking info as I had given up on a 15 min call to CS. The 2nd post, I actually got through and I thought I was being helpful.

I can't resist tongue in cheek comments and too old to get lol or smileys. 

I've been with Virgin and its predecessors for about 25 years. I've watched Prime by other means for many years and will continue to do so on my other TV's (built in app on Sony). It would have been nice to get a reasonable cost of upgrade but hey ho, a lever on my next contract negotiation.

I'd like to finish with a tongue in cheek comment but there may be a health and safety issue with stepping off soap boxes