cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime for Tivo Box probably an old version as had it 5 - 6 yrs

peterfenton
Tuning in

HI,

Had a tivo box for years and Netflix takes ages to load. Was told it was because I have the old version and they were rolling out new boxes to everyone eventually.

Been a customer for almost 20 yrs obviously loyalty doesn't count for much.

Want to watch something on Amazon Prime but can't work out how to do it as they are suggesting get Google play but can't work out how to do that either.

Sony Bravia TV if that helps about 10 yrs old 

16 REPLIES 16

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The best way to get Netflix working fast and  Amazon is to upgrade your TV box to the new version.  

Thanks , I did think of that , but every time I ring Virgin they say the roll out is happening which is obviously bull **bleep** , or I could pay to upgrade.

So much for Customer Loyalty and 20 yrs of payments .

Netflix takes around 20 - 30 seconds to load as well

😞

How do I load Amazon without a new box as that I am thinking won't happen soon as I'm not paying to upgrade and no doubt the Virgin rollout will take years as Branson has spent all the dosh on a Rocket

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Richard Branson has nothing to do with VM - their parent company Liberty Global licence the Virgin brand.

There's pictures of the 3 current boxes here - the TiVo, whilst being perfectly serviceable, is quite an old box. It doesn't cope well with its apps, and for the same reason doesn't support the recent apps.

A box-swap to a V6 which runs the same software but on much newer hardware with more recording tuners, would solve these issues. It would also allow a conversion to the newer 360 software if you decided that suited.

If you're out of contract you may not need to pay to swap.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin don't want to give you a new box as that would cost them, so you need to be firm and threaten to leave if nessesary to get a new box

I do know Branson has nothing to do with Virgin effectively just lent them his name to Sell the brand.

I'm not out of contract that's the trouble, because I'm one of the foolish ones that keep renewing they only offer the brand new stuff to new customers or wait until the roll out which they have promised more than once.

Been waiting in vain for a new box, obviously I'm too trusting that the roll out will happen....  and considering I pay £ 56 ish a month for Broadband and TV package you would think I shoud be due a new box but maybe I have to pay £ 80 a month before I get to even be considered 

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Fire sticks are around £15 on Amazon if you want a cheap way of getting prime on your TV

True trouble is not at the end of the contract yet so to leave the f1's have you by the short and curlies so if you leave you have to pay the contact anyway

Imagine the cost to the company if ot kept giving all customers the latest kit brand new.  Yes in an ideal world this should happen, but no company will ever do that

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you're out of contract there's no charge to give disconnection notice and move to another provider if you find a package elsewhere that suits you better.

If you do that research, you're then ideally placed to negotiate with VM Retentions with a view to a new bundle and box-swap.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks