cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All services down

Classicm
Tuning in

Tv, internet and phone down. Checked cables, rebooted everything and still a solid red light on the router and no tv services. Virgin diagnostic just says not connected. Any suggestions 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If one TiVo is working, and the other isn't, try swapping them around - see if the fault follows the box or remains with the cabling.

If there's an external issue, it may well get fixed remotely - but if one box is working that would seem to rule it out. A 2 day response for a tech visit is pretty good, considering this is over a weekend.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Classicm wrote:

Tv, internet and phone down. Checked cables, rebooted everything and still a solid red light on the router and no tv services. Virgin diagnostic just says not connected. Any suggestions 

Have you checked the area service status? There is a link above under your username. You can also call 0800 561 0061 from any phone.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for that. Service in the area is ok. What is very odd is we have 2 TiVo boxes and one is working fine?!? The other TiVo box is right next to the hub and neither the hub nor the other TiVo box are working. The hub is flashing red and Virgin have booked an engineer for 2 days time - which is a pain. There is no WiFi or wired internet on any device/access points available. It’s all a bit odd. Virgin say don’t touch the hub and leave it flashing red so they can try and remotely fix it - I suspect that’s not possible 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If one TiVo is working, and the other isn't, try swapping them around - see if the fault follows the box or remains with the cabling.

If there's an external issue, it may well get fixed remotely - but if one box is working that would seem to rule it out. A 2 day response for a tech visit is pretty good, considering this is over a weekend.

Interesting - it looks like the TiVo box that’s working is on a separate cable coming into the house. Swapped the boxes and it’s not the TiVo boxes as the other one works in the second location. Looks like as the broadband is also not working via the hub it’s either the hub or something outside. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like either a wire is broken or a faulty splitter.

Also, is the non working kit attached to the same wall box? If so the suspect is the safety isloator, which may have blown as the result of a surge in the cable.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993