cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All 4 catchup - again

PaulH2011
Superfast

Whole days missing, e.g. today only two days out of seven are showing.  Nothing online about a general All 4 problem that I can see, is this a Virgin-only problem?  Why?

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TiVo doesn't have the All-4-branded app, but I can see there is a distinct lack of C4 OnDemand programmes at the moment.

V6 & 360 users can use the branded streaming app in the meantime, but I'll mention this via VIP channels to check if it's a known problem or not.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks

Funky_Gibbon
On our wavelength

Why are there no episodes of Hollyoaks on the catch up after 17/3/22?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Funky_Gibbon 

I've merged your post with another thread where C4-VoD was mentioned earlier in the week. Hollyoaks will be caught up in this this.

Anyone with a V6 box has a workaround of the All-4 streaming app in the meantime.. heck, record the programme you know you'll want to watch... but VM have raised this as a fault, it just may take a few days to fix and/or backfill.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Surely someone must know something by now?  The By Day feature stopped over a week ago now, if it has been withdrawn then Virgin should say so.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Nothing's been withdrawn or changed, as is evidenced by these listings still being present for non-C4 content.

There's obvious still a problem with C4 OnDemand. If you have a V6, the branded streaming app is a valid workaround - otherwise it's a reminder to always record programmes that you know you'll want to watch.

I'm sure the missing VoD assets will be reloaded.

Speaking personally we DO record what we know we want to watch, and with 'just' three channels on TiVo we have to be selective.  Catch up is used for dipping in and watching programmes that stand alone i.e. are not a series.  But by far the biggest benefit is skipping through the ads!  We don't watch any commercial channel live, but being forced to watch channel 4 through the app and being lumbered with the ads - short of paying an additional subscription - it seems like they cram more in on the app than we remember live!

Well it's back this morning, with no rhyme no reason from either Virgin or Channel 4 as to why it vanished.