Destin878
Tuning in

Hi currently have 2 TiVo boxes 

just wondering if it’s possible to have a3rd box and what would be the cost 

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have VM broadband, I'd look quite seriously at swapping your TiVo's for V6 boxes - the exact same software as you're used to, but on far more capable hardware with more recording tuners and some additional streaming apps.

Pricing for these things has long been, to an extent, dependent on your package & bundle - but it's in the order of £10/month for the first box and £5/month for extras beyond that. Last time I checked, there was a limit of 4 boxes per home, of which upto 3 could be V6, and a fourth TiVo.

I'd recommend calling into VM on 150 (or 0345 4541111 from another phone) and get a definite price.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @Destin878 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

You would be able to have an additional outlet, however you might want to consider the advice from japitts regarding the V6 boxes 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi thanks for that 

how do the v6 box connect its it via Ethernet cable or are they wireless 

Im guessing they will all need sat cabling 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All the boxes need a coaxial connection for live TV.

The V6 uses internet to update the EPG and play on demand, catch up etc - and can be connected either with an ethernet cable or wirelessly, preferably ethernet

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Destin878 mentioned in the opening post that they currently have a TiVo. This box has the live TV & internet connection delivered over the single co-ax connection. The Ethernet connection is for multi-room streaming.

The newer V6 box gets the internet connection via your home-hub as mentioned.

There's pictures of the different boxes here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks