cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPS so slow

warrenb
On our wavelength

Why are the APPS so slow on the TIVO. I have a V6 downstairs which is lightning quick, but Tivo is not worth bothering with. I am on ulitmate Volt package.

Thanks

Warren

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Warren,

The older TIVO came out well before the V6 boxes where released.

Although both based on TIVo, the older box isn't really up to the same specs as the V6.

It has fewer apps and only 3 tuners compared to 6 on the V6.

It might be a good idea to see if you can negotiate a new deal and ask for a free TIVO swap to the V6 at the same time.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think you've probably answered your own question to an extent, and newapollo has reinforced it with some more background info.

I'm going to add something here - as a bit of forewarning for if/when you call VM to ask for a box-swap. You may get a sales pitch for the new TV360 platform, which is the latest software but is very different to (and is not) TiVo. The two platforms have some substantial differences which you can read up on here if you want, but there's one critical fact to be aware of in your case...

In TiVo/V6-land, multiroom additional boxes such as yours are all fully-functional with hard drives and multiroom streaming.

In 360-land, standard multiroom additional boxes are minis that don't have hard drives. Meaning all recording is done on the master box and the mini just streams.

So... if you ask VM to upgrade your TiVo to a V6, it's just a straight box-swap and you continue as you are. If they offer, and you accept, a (voluntary) conversion to 360, then 2 things will happen....

1: Your V6 is software-converted to a 360-master, and you'll lose all recordings you have,

2: Your TiVo will be swapped for a 360-mini, and won't have a hard drive anymore.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks