cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALL streaming channels down-Netflix ,I player etc.

paul243
On our wavelength

All my streaming channels are not working.ie. Netflix, I Player, etc also no On Demand, Catch up.

Netflix screen advises that no network connection but Netflix works fine on PC, phone and tablet via hub so my  internet connection  is fine.

I have turned off the hub and Tivo box for 30 minutes but no joy.

Help please, is there a fix?

26 REPLIES 26

paul243
On our wavelength

Sorry I mislead you regarding the "5 red crosses"

They are on the Netflix diagnosis screen showing no connection.

Nothing to do with Tivo.

paul243
On our wavelength
Any help from VM please?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM staff should respond on here, but their current turnaround is 1-2 days, and they do work through posts in order. Bumping posts or enquiring why VM-staff haven't responded yet, often has the opposite effect.

Don't add any more posts to this thread, and VM should be along in a day or two.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

paul243
On our wavelength

Update.

Tried Netflix today and it's working! although it takes more than a minute to load.

I player, on demand and catch up also working.

I have not changed or touched anything so I'm baffled.

Any clues?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@paul243 wrote:

Tried Netflix today and it's working! although it takes more than a minute to load.

Yeah, the TiVo's were never famed for their speed at loading apps. The V6, which runs the same software, loads most apps in maybe 10 or so seconds.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

paul243
On our wavelength

One more query, at present I am splitting the HDMI from Tivo to a second TV 20 metres away via a powered splitter, if at anytime I have to have to replace the Tivo with a V6 box will this still function the same?

Thanks again

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's not a supported function so no-one will be able to say for sure... but the HDMI output on a TIVo is identical to that of a V6, so there's no obvious reason it shouldn't work.

I can think of a couple of other particular forum regulats who may have some direct experience, who may be along to lend advice.