cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALL streaming channels down-Netflix ,I player etc.

paul243
On our wavelength

All my streaming channels are not working.ie. Netflix, I Player, etc also no On Demand, Catch up.

Netflix screen advises that no network connection but Netflix works fine on PC, phone and tablet via hub so my  internet connection  is fine.

I have turned off the hub and Tivo box for 30 minutes but no joy.

Help please, is there a fix?

26 REPLIES 26

paul243
On our wavelength
Ps Just checked Netflix on PC and phone, connected instantly.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Given that the TiVo has its own inbuilt connection and doesn't use your home broadband, checking with other devices is irrelevant to solving this query.

If all streaming services are failing, and it seems that the internet connection is ok - have you tried the obvious box restart? Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart?

After trying that, and if you still have problems - let's check the basics and see what exactly happens when...

1: Find a non-BBC programme from the reverse EPG (TV Guide) and choose "Watch from CatchUp"

2: Find a BBC programme from the same guide, and choose "Watch from CatchUp"

3: Navigate to the OnDemand or CatchUp menu and select iPlayer.

It'll be virtually impossible to give too little info here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Are the callbacks working in the network settings?  It could be that the Internet route in your area is currently down for TiVo.

It could even be noise on your line which is enough to disrupt the Internet on your box - which as said is NOT the same as your main internet connect.

The initial confusion in my posts is that this is the V6 box forum - so I assumed a V6 was in use.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ozsat wrote:

Are the callbacks working in the network settings?  It could be that the Internet route in your area is currently down for TiVo.

Valid point ozsat - I'm assuming this is ok, but that's the mother of mess-ups, so @paul243  - in the network connections screen, your TiVo should be showing roughly 6hourly "success" callbacks on the left-hand side, or a reason for failure. What does yours show?

@ozsat wrote:

The initial confusion in my posts is that this is the V6 box forum - so I assumed a V6 was in use.

I concur completely. Post now duly moved 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

paul243
On our wavelength

Restarted from settings, no change.

Selecting "help" get blank screen. Nothing

Diagnostics screen shows 5 red crosses, no connection

Ip address on another screen reads "none none none"

paul243
On our wavelength
PS No "on demand" on any channel nor catchup.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@paul243 wrote:

Diagnostics screen shows 5 red crosses, no connection

Ip address on another screen reads "none none none"

You've mentioned the bit in bold a few times now, but which diagnostic screen is this? Can you either explain the menu path you've taken to find this, or post a picture? There's a few diagnostic checks on TiVo/V6 that aren't 100% reliable.

Same question for "another screen" - can you be specific where you're seeing this?

You've not answered my question about the callbacks - Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and look on the left-hand-side.. do you see successes or failures?

paul243
On our wavelength

Screen mentioned was accessed via "help" now u/s -blank screen

Network screen reads today @17.59 "successful"

Sorry but I'm not tech minded, I've done what I can.

Can only post pics from phone but wants password and don't know it

Can someone arrange a tech please?

Thanks for your input, appreciate your efforts.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I agree that this particular problem needs VM intervention and so you have 2 choices.. you can either call into VM by phone, or wait here for a staff response, which may take a couple of days.

@paul243 wrote:

Can only post pics from phone but wants password and don't know it

Just by means of forum advice, when you're composing a reply... select the option I've highlighted. If you're logged into reply to posts on this forum, that's the only login you need.

japitts_0-1649011413014.png

paul243
On our wavelength

Thanks, will await a response, life's to short for 150!!