cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALL streaming channels down-Netflix ,I player etc.

paul243
On our wavelength

All my streaming channels are not working.ie. Netflix, I Player, etc also no On Demand, Catch up.

Netflix screen advises that no network connection but Netflix works fine on PC, phone and tablet via hub so my  internet connection  is fine.

I have turned off the hub and Tivo box for 30 minutes but no joy.

Help please, is there a fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If yours is a TiVo rather than a V6, all the advice so far is irrelevant. The Ethernet connection is only for multiroom streaming, and the internet connection is inbuilt & separate.

On the front-left of your TiVo are 3 green lights. The middle one, with a heartbeat logo, is the status for the internet connection.

Does it flash when you have problems, or is it continually on?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

26 REPLIES 26

ozsat
Superstar

Check the network connection in settings - does it report an error?

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

paul243
On our wavelength

Found a network diagnostic page showing five red crosses, so no connection ?

Check the Ethernet lead at both ends and unplug and reconnect at both ends.

If using WiFi then do a NEW connection even if not changing from old setup.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Good stuff so far, but let's go from the ground up here...

A V6 (that runs TiVo software but is very different from a TiVo box) - if you're not sure check here - connects to the internet via your homehub. This can be either Ethernet or WiFi, how is yours connected?

Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network and report what's shown in the top-right. This is a V6's network connections screen.

A TiVo, if that's what you have, has an inbuilt net connection with different diagnostics.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

paul243
On our wavelength

Connected via ethernet, have re-connected  cables- no change.

The box is a Tivo. Diagnostics showing no connection. Screen showing 5 red crosses.

First time with this fault. Defective Tivo?

Thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If yours is a TiVo rather than a V6, all the advice so far is irrelevant. The Ethernet connection is only for multiroom streaming, and the internet connection is inbuilt & separate.

On the front-left of your TiVo are 3 green lights. The middle one, with a heartbeat logo, is the status for the internet connection.

Does it flash when you have problems, or is it continually on?

paul243
On our wavelength

Can only see 2 greens, one on left for power on and next one with heart logo .Both are on steady (although faint!) when seeing "not connected" on Netflix channel Nothing flashing.

I see the hub has several Ethernet outlets, do they all have the same function, is it worth swapping to a different socket?

Two are connected with green lights on.

Thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's not the Ethernet ports on the Hub that're the issue here - the TiVo has its own inbuilt internet connection that doesn't use the Ethernet ports. The Ethernet ports on the TiVo are only used for in-home & multiroom streaming, not an internet connection.

The green "heartbeat" light on the front-left is the status for the inbuilt 'net connection, when it's static on then all is "aok" - if it flashes, that's the modem offline. It's quite common for users not to notice if this is flashing, and therefore the "no internet connection" cause of streaming issues go un-noticed.

If the 'net connection is working, then that's one thing ruled out. What are the symptoms when you have problems with internet-based services such as the streaming apps?

paul243
On our wavelength

Problems are simply that nothing is working, Netflix, I Player, catch up ,on demand ,all down.

Netflix etc is fine on PC ,tablet and phone via WI-Fi.