cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few questions about the Virgin Media TV box, if anyone else actually has one.

johnmyers87
Tuning in

Visiting home for the first time since the pandemic. I haven't really used cable or watched live television in a long time and I'm shocked at how impressively terrible this service is. The box will randomly like reset or something, if you are watching something, it will just switch off and you have to wait for it to finish. Turning it off and back on again doesn't help. It technically has netflix, which I was able to set my mam up on, but you can't watch it for much longer than 5 minutes or the box turns itself off. It took us 3 hours to watch a 1 hour show, we had to wait for the box to stop having a **bleep** fit for us to be able to continue. It has a child lock system that blocks any show rated 12s or over (like the Simpsons), the remote is really poorly responsive and it will take several minutes to actually set it off. God forbid you switch around during the add break, you have to turn it off again. There's no way I can see to permanently turn it off. Does anyone else have these problems?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A TV box that's restarting any more than occasionally & overnight, is faulty and probably needs replacing.

You can disable parental-control PIN, but it sounds like you're talking about "Mandatory Daytime Protection" which is a regulatory requirement from Ofcom for any channel wanting to show age-restricted content during the day.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A TV box that's restarting any more than occasionally & overnight, is faulty and probably needs replacing.

You can disable parental-control PIN, but it sounds like you're talking about "Mandatory Daytime Protection" which is a regulatory requirement from Ofcom for any channel wanting to show age-restricted content during the day.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for the explanation. It is clear for me Exactly what I needed!

DQFanSurvey.com