Menu
Kellybry
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Recently installed v6 down stairs and moved old tivo to replace v+ up stairs. Now got error 7400 on the old tivo. I think maybe the tivo got deactivated rather than the V+?  Thanks in advance for your help

Cueball99
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 7400

Probably. Only way to fix it is to do what the message says and call VM.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Kellybry,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble with your TV service.

I've checked your account and both of your V6 boxes are showing as active. Is everything working okay on your end?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

dante01
Rising star
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Josh_RW wrote:

I've checked your account and both of your V6 boxes are showing as active. Is everything working okay on your end?

That is interesting because if you read his post, he only has one V6 box plus a TiVo and not 2 V6 boxes.

0 Kudos
Kellybry
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. We had an engineer out and the problem was sorted. The box up stairs was faulty so it was replaced with a new v6. 

0 Kudos
dante01
Rising star
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Kellybry wrote:

Thanks for the reply. We had an engineer out and the problem was sorted. The box up stairs was faulty so it was replaced with a new v6. 

That explains why 2 V6 boxes were detected Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
andymanu
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue as Kellybry.

I self installed a new V6 box where we had a 1TB Tivo. After that I moved the 1TB Tivo to a bedroom where we had an old VM HD Box as Virgin had told me that was now obsolete. I got the 7400 error which said there was a problem with my account in connecting to "Unknown" and for me to call "Unknown" LOL. After trying to solve it myself (unsuccessfully!) I called VM via 150.

After waiting 30 mins to get through to an agent in I think India, the lady there tried several times to send various messages to the Tivo which involved me doing three reboots and connecting to VM via the Network settings. She then said the Tivo serial no was not the same as she had and tried again. After an hour in total, she had to give up after trying everything she knew. She has now arranged for a technician to come out next week, so I will need to take an afternoon off work.

From reading posts on this subject on this forum it looks likely that they have deactivated/de-authorised  the wrong box. I can't help thinking that this should be solvable without the cost to VM of sending out a technician, but it appears not?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi andymanu,

Thanks for posting.

I can see that the engineer has attended so I hope this has been resolved for you.

If you have any further issues please let me know.

Take care

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
andymanu
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sort of Rose !

Yes, they had de-authorised the old Tivo 1TB instead of the HD box, so it wasn't really an engineers problem, but he rang up as he had seen this many times previously. As a result, activation signals were having no effect, he seemed disappointed but not surprised that they had not sorted this issue over the phone. In fact when he rang them, there were communication issues between them. He was very patient.

However, although most things have come back (recordings, series links etc), it still refers to my account as "UNKNOWN" and I can't get Netflix now for some reason.

I don't know if I have the energy to go on the phone to someone in Asia for an hour only for them to get it wrong again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi andymanu,

Thanks for your reply.

I'll need to check this for you but I'd just like to confirm what happens when you try to access Netflix? Are there any error codes?

Speak soon 

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos