cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7400 TiVo

Emma123
Joining in

Can anyone help me as VM are currently closed and I now have no bloody TV in my bedroom! I have been sent a b6 box to change one of my TiVo boxes which was downstairs, that is working fine and also my daughters in her room is working fine yet my TiVo box that hasn’t even been changed it showing me error code 7400! Nothing has been changed on this TiVo box so why the hell have I suddenly got an error code on my bloody tv 

9 REPLIES 9

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The wrong TiVo has been de-activated.

Move the TiVo which was replaced by the V6 to the bedroom and replace the TiVo showing 7400.

PS Please comply with forum rules re language.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

But I didn’t want the v6 in the bedroom I wanted it in the living room? Is there not a way I can keep it in the living room and keep my TiVo box in my bedroom? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call VM with the box serial numbers handy, and they should be able to get the correct boxes activated

0800 9539500 is the automated line, but you'll likely need an agent to sort this one out if it doesn't pass you through. If not, 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone)

Or physically swap the boxes around as suggested by Ernie, I can't quite work out which box is which.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sorry, I’ve not been clear.

You replaced a TiVo with a V6. I don’t know from what you’ve said whether that TiVo is broken or working.

If it’s working, you can use that in the bedroom, instead of the one saying 7400.

If it’s broken then you will have to speak to Virgin Media to get the bedroom TiVo reactivated as it has been wrongly deactivated.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Emm123,

Thanks for your post, I'm sorry to hear that the wrong box was cut off during a replacement - I can understand that this must have been frustrating.

I can see that you were able to call us on Saturday about this issue, can you please let us know if this has now been resolved?

If you still need help with anything just give us a shout.

Beth

Beth

Hi

yes the issue of having the wrong box disconnected has been rectified, after having to call twice because they then disconnected the new V6 box although I have had a few other issues that I’d like to speak to management about because I’m actually really pretty annoyed at how much I have been messed around, and also miss sold information and a package as I was told I was entitled to 2 V6 boxes and only received one. I called to query this to be told no this is incorrect and that was never part of the package, and then when I had called the second time on Saturday to have my box rectified the lady had stated that I was actually paying for 2 V6 boxes even though I had only been sent one and then been told I was given incorrect information. Also told my bill wouldn’t change until October and yet my monthly bill that has been generated this month is over £30 dearer than what I was told.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The only packages that include an additional multiroom box as standard, are the "Ultimate Oomph" ones.

On all other TV bundles, additional TV boxes are chargeable. Multiroom installs were also on-hold for a little while - last March/April or so, until 4 or 5 months ago.

Hi Emma123

Thanks for posting. Really sorry about the entire situation, not the ideal level of care we aim to offer.

I'll be happy to PM you now to assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John I have replied to your private message apologies for the delay