Menu
Highlighted
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

3 boxes - sudden connection problems between just two

Quick summary of setup:

V6 Box called Richard linked via ethernet straight to hub.

V6 Box called Living Room linked via powerline adapter.

TiVo Box called Bedroom linked via powerline adapter.

Earlier this evening was streaming from "Bedroom" to "Richard" when it lost network connection. Tried the usual go in and out of My Shows but no luck - just says "Bedroom" cannot be found.

Rebooted both boxes but still no joy. A bit more investigation has shown:

Living Room can see both Richard and Bedroom and stream from both.

Bedroom can see Living Room and stream from it but can't see Richard.

Richard can see Living Room and stream from it but can't see Bedroom.

TV Go app can connect to Living Room and Richard but will not connect to Bedroom.

Anyone any ideas?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 3 boxes - sudden connection problems between just two

Hi G4DDS,

Thanks for posting.

First I would recommend rebooting all Virgin boxes and Superhub by the mains and reconnecting them to your home network.

Also make sure the standby settings are set to 'Always On' or 'Connected'.

Please let us know how you get on.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I did try and reboot all boxes but still had the problem. However a couple of days later it all started working again without me doing anything.

The problem seemed to make no sense to me (ruled out network as it was only affecting streaming between two boxes) and that it could possibly have been an change made in error on my account that was then corrected.

Just weird that it started working almost as suddenly as it stopped without me doing anything.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi G4DDS,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes it's difficult to know what happened but I'm glad this is working for you now.

Please get back to us if there's any further problems.

Take care

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos