Menu
Vic35
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

2nd box not connecting

My second box keeps losing network connection. I’ve rebooted, tested all the cables & there is nothing “unconnected”. This happened a few months ago & corrected itself but has failed again. 

How can I get this working again? I have a flashing green light on the box. 

Everything else VirginMedia related including my main TIVO box & my WiFi are working fine. Any ideas?? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2nd box not connecting

Hi vic35, 

Welcome to our community forums! 

Really sorry you're having problems with your set top box. 

Have you managed to get this resolved since your post? If not can you let us know which set top box you've got and whether you experience any problems with your other one? 

How do you have the box connected to your broadband? If it's via WiFi, is it far away from your hub?

We will be more than happy to look into this for you Smiley Happy  

Look forward to hearing from you, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Vic35
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately the box still isn’t working. It is an older version TIVO box which we’ve had some time. Our main box is the most up to date V6 powered by TIVO & is working as normal. 

Both boxes are connected via WiFi & in fact the box which isn’t working is very close to the hub, in the same room. I’ve checked all connections & rebooted the box & the hub several times but nothing seems to resolve the issue. The box that isn’t functioning on my network is DVR C1E0. There is a flashing green light under the heart icon.

Look forward to to hearing from you. 

Vicki 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update Vic35,

If you go into the Network Settings on the TiVo and choose the option to connect to our TV Service does it connect successfully?

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Vic35
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom, I’ve tried that a few times & it goes through the motions of preparing but then drops back out & says can’t connect. 

This also happened a few months ago & with exactly the same set up & network cables etc it suddenly decided to reconnect at random. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you,

I'm going to drop you a PM so we can discuss this further.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos