Menu
scrappysphinx
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

1Tb Tivo box, every channel black screen

Hi all, i have two boxes in the house. A 1Tb Tivo and a V6 box. The tivo box is in an upstairs bedroom, the V6 is connected downstairs to the main tv. We had a storm on Friday and the Tivo box lost picture, the box didn't go off and doesn't say there is a problem with the signal etc just a black screen on every channel. I have tried rebooting the box a couple of times and no dice, takes a while to boot then just black screen on every channel. I have also tried to play a recording from the hdd and recordings are also black. I thought it may have been a temporary issue but its now Sunday and no change. 

The V6 box is fine and has no problems at all (well apart from its remote being very hit and miss as to when it wants to work) so i've brought the Tivo downstairs and hooked it up to confirm it isn't a signal issue and again i have black screen on all channels. I assume this means there is a problem with the box and i'll need it replacing? Is there any info i can look for in the technical pages of the settings to try and narrow down an issue before i call customer services as it can be painfully difficult to try and get help. 

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
scrappysphinx
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1Tb Tivo box, every channel black screen

Ok, rang customer services and they have replaced the tivo with a V6 box.

0 Kudos