Menu
Message 1 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Which gaming remasters would you like to see?

All we seem to hear about nowadays is reboots and remasters.

There were some great ones last year, Crash Bandicoot anyone?

Just curious if you could see any game remade or remastered for current generation consoles and high end gaming PC's, which would they be?

Personally I'd love to see a remaster of the original Wipeout and probably the first few Tomb Raider games from the PS1 days.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Re: Which gaming remasters would you like to see?

That's a difficult one....

Most of the remasters that are any good are of recent games. BioShock and Skyrim are good examples.

WIpeouts been done hasn't it?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/wipeout-omega-collection

Id like to see Bulletstorm updated as that was just FUN- any game that allows you to remote control a robot dinosaur deserves my love.

Id say Fallout New Vegas but thats being done by modders ATM- and its looking sweet.

When you redo older games, problems usually occur- look at System Shock- there was a crowdfunded remaster in alpha, but the team got caught up in adding in next gen features the original didn't have and didn't need. Its in hiatus now  Smiley Mad

Then theres the TRULY awful. Syndicate? arrgghhhhhhh!

Then theres the major problem with redoing old world (8,16 and 32bit) games that people dont get. Those games were purely based on recognition/reaction cycles, and new hardware introduces unacceptable input lag. Dunno HOW many Rainbow Island remasters I tried before reverting to the original Amiga version- on an Amiga. Put simply your hitting hardware direct instead of a engine/driver/emulator layer and most games become spongy. Try explaining that to the HUB3 makes my games unplayable crowed -their favorite FPS is beaten before its starts because the input latency is a horror picture. Except Fifa players. Fifa players get it LMAO...

SO my shortlist- Fallout 3, Bulletstorm, Any of Halo that hasn't been done...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 40
Flag for a moderator

I'd love to see the original X-Wing and Tie Fighter games updated with a truly modern engine Smiley Happy

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Message 4 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Chrono Trigger. But I wouldn't really want it updating to modern graphics or 3d Environments.

If they could update it to peak sprite based graphics like Breath of Fire 4 for example it would look absolutely stunning and give it a full orchestral soundtrack too Smiley Happy

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 40
Flag for a moderator

@Kippies wrote:

WIpeouts been done hasn't it?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/wipeout-omega-collection 

Yeah though I think it's the PS3 content, I'd love to see the original Wipeout and Wipeout 2097 packaged together as a new game with an updated engine. I have fond memories of playing those when I first got a PlayStation and would love the nostalgia. Also would really love to see a modern interpretation of the packaging. I do still need to get the PS4 release though as it will appease my wanting!

@Kippies wrote:

SO my shortlist- Fallout 3, Bulletstorm, Any of Halo that hasn't been done...

Believe Fallout 3 is being modded on the Fallout 4 engine too
https://www.pcgamesn.com/fallout-4/fallout-4-fallout-3-capital-wasteland-mod

Kev

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 40
Flag for a moderator

@ravenstar68wrote:

I'd love to see the original X-Wing and Tie Fighter games updated with a truly modern engine Smiley Happy

Tim

ooohhh forget about them. That WOULD be sweet.

Moderator Stephen_B
Message 7 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Tie fighter was an amazing game......Loved the add on when Admiral Thrawn defected and tried to steal the Tie fighter advanced.....Lucas arts made some outstanding games

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 40
Flag for a moderator

@Stephen_Bwrote:

Tie fighter was an amazing game......Loved the add on when Admiral Thrawn defected and tried to steal the Tie fighter advanced.....Lucas arts made some outstanding games

You didn't like it that much then - It was Admiral Harkov who initially defected followed by a betrayal by Admiral Zaarin - Not Thrawn, lol

Moderator Stephen_B
Message 9 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Ah yeah that's right and wasn't Thrawn sent to chase them down......I'm sure he defected in the end though didn't he

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Nope - What it did mean was that because Thrawn was off dealing with Zaarin's insurrection, was that he was not present at the battle of Endor.  Thrawn was a master tactician and his absence was sorely felt.

Thrawn cropped up as an antagonist in the book Trilogy - The Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn - Causing all sorts of trouble for the New Republic.  Of course with Disney announcing anything that wasn't in the films as non cannon, they essentially sidelined a massive wealth of fiction that they could have drawn on.

0 Kudos