Menu
Message 11 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Which gaming remasters would you like to see?

Oh yeah.....never read the books though and Thrawn has shown up in Rebels the TV show which is great once it gets going.

I miss good Star Wars games

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Well-informed
Message 12 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I'd like to see a reboot of the old Commodore 64 game Suicide Express.

It had a mad sense of urgency about it.

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 13 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@Kippieswrote:

Id like to see Bulletstorm updated as that was just FUN- any game that allows you to remote control a robot dinosaur deserves my love.

They have already done Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition for PC, PS4 & Xbox One.  I picked it up for the PS4 in one of the recent PSN sales but haven't installed it yet.  I finished it on PS3, but don't recall a dinosaur, must be getting old and feeble Smiley Wink

Also picked up Wipeout Omega collection in the sale, in anticipation of the free VR update they have announced.  It is a long time since I played Wipeout on PS1 so I can't recall what it had that the Omega collection doesn't have @Kev_B.

I'm looking forward to the Burnout Paradise remaster and if Criterion did a remaster of their Need for Speed Most Wanted (2012 version) or something like it but bigger and better I'd be very interested.

The Far Cry 3 remaster that is bundled with the Far Cry 5 season pass could be good.  Just going to wait for the FC 5 price to drop in a few months as I have a backlog of games, films and TV to keep me entertained for now.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 14 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@SCA1972wrote:

@Kippieswrote:

Id like to see Bulletstorm updated as that was just FUN- any game that allows you to remote control a robot dinosaur deserves my love.

They have already done Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition for PC, PS4 & Xbox One.  I picked it up for the PS4 in one of the recent PSN sales but haven't installed it yet.  I finished it on PS3, but don't recall a dinosaur, must be getting old and feeble Smiley Wink

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

OMG OMG OMG.....

My money cant exit my wallet fast enough.....

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 15 of 22
Flag for a moderator

AND on the way from GAME for the princely sum of 12 quid...

See thats what I like about on here, always someone with useful knowledge

Cheers for the heads up @SCA1972

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 16 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Glad I could help @Kippies, £12 sounds about right I paid £11.99 for mine.  I only stumbled across it myself when scrolling through the games in the sale on the PSN store. I was hoping the video you posted would jog my memory, but it hasn't, which is a bit worrying.  On the plus side it should make playing the game again on PS4 more fun if I don't remember much of it Smiley Very Happy

I am currently enjoying robot dinosaurs in Horizon Zero Dawn.  No remote controls, but you can override the hostile dinos to be friendly towards you and hostile towards the other dinos.  Then sit back and watch them fight each other.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 17 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Yeah have to say Horizon Zero Dawn is the one game I'm jealous of as I am usually a console peasant (PC gamer master race at heart but the small people get all the decent hardware) and as the kids are all Xbone, which  pretty much makes me xbone too...Smiley Wink

jules.jpg

Superuser
Superuser
Message 18 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@John_Gwrote:

Chrono Trigger. But I wouldn't really want it updating to modern graphics or 3d Environments.

If they could update it to peak sprite based graphics like Breath of Fire 4 for example it would look absolutely stunning and give it a full orchestral soundtrack too Smiley Happy

Bad news...

https://www.vg247.com/2018/03/01/chrono-trigger-pc-perfect-example-not-re-release-classic-game/

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 19 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Volcanic Dungeon and The Wrath of Magra for ZX81 and the ZX Spectrum.

Ah, times were so much simpler then....

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
Message 20 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@Kippies

Nooooooooooooooo Robot Mad

I'd seen a lot of 3D fan made stuff for chrono trigger a while back and was worried that might ruin it but that port just looks so bad.

I'll just stick with the original SNES version

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules