cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Are You Playing Right Now?

John_G
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I've been a veteran of Gaming for many years now and seen it come from slow loading tapes like the BBC Micro (Which was released before I was born Robot wink) through the console wars of Megadrive vs SNES to Playstation vs Xbox to the modern day. 

So what are you playing now? Let us know what games you've been playing and give us a little description, the more obscure the better Robot Happy

I've recently gotten my hands on No Mans Sky on the PS4, one of the most anticipated games of 2016 and with good reason! So far I've only clocked about 6 hours but I've discovered and named 20 species of alien life, several planets and even named and entire Galaxy after myself. Because I have a massive ego Robot LOL There isn't much in the way of a tutorial so it's been fun just toying about and learning everything for myself. It's early days so I'm sure there's going to be more and more new developments for this game!

Let us know what you've been playing in the comments and happy gaming!

John

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

219 REPLIES 219

I play the League of Legends.😁

Alex5522
Tuning in

Low Magic Age. This game has recently released, but I haven't played it yet. When I read about this game, I became really interested. Adventure and fight in a medieval fantasy open-world sound great. Unfortunately, I'm currently busy working on one project with the guys from https://www.topwritersreview.com/reviews/123writings/. But when the work is done, I'll check it out for sure. I know that various tactical elements are implemented in the game rules, so I'm looking forward to playing it.

@TomDelStrey wrote:

Minecraft is my all time favorite. Also started to play Roblox game on this site. Never knew it would be so interesting. My first thought when i heard the idea was that those games are only for the children))) Oh, i was wrong. You should see a grown-up man playing it at 2 in the morning)))

My son is also into Roblox. He will be 15 this year. We limit his gaming time to one hour a day, otherwise he will not study and not even eat sometimes.

Oyster
Up to speed

Totally love star trek online
Many people characterise it as a pay to win game

That could not be further from the truth
STO is a pay to be hassle free game.
For example you need to pay to increase the size of the inventory
you can buy things that get you to elite status 
but if you dont pay you can still have a game where you become elite, just more slowly
I am a huge trekkie fan and STO suits me
In the end there is no winning, there is just having a good time figuring out how to win
you would have to be a millionaire to buy everything, but nothing you can buy will
diminish your ability to increase your ability to win. In STO time will solve all problems money can buy

Oyster
Up to speed

Like the first person to post I have been playing games a long time now.
When I was at school and 13 years old (1973), Birmingham university used to send 
along a professor of computer science to experiment whether 
kids of our age could understand programming.
by the time I was 14 I was writing games in Mnemonic assembly code
Years later I got a zx 81 and was writing games in BASIC - my friends loved those games.
If only I had realised you could actually make money from writing games
I didnt know how, nor even understand why you would or could make money off games.
these days I am a network technician and consultant for small to medium businesses
but I have always admired the development of the games industry
fave games
CoD
STO

Zu
On our wavelength

Don't laugh.

I had a go at Serious Sam on Xbox yesterday.  The first Xbox.

What's to say about Serious Sam.  LOL.  Shoot everything.  The A.I is simple.  See Sam.  Get Sam.  Hehehe.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

I think most will like this best played with a Xbox controller

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1222140/Detroit_Become_Human/

---------------------------------------------------------------

Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently ive been playing Grand Theft Auto 4 on PC and im half way through the campaign.

Xeonaut
Joining in

Currently reliving my childhood with Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. The nostalgia trip is something else and the music is sublime. 

gilbo2
Tuning in

Solitaire 😂