cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Are You Playing Right Now?

John_G
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I've been a veteran of Gaming for many years now and seen it come from slow loading tapes like the BBC Micro (Which was released before I was born Robot wink) through the console wars of Megadrive vs SNES to Playstation vs Xbox to the modern day. 

So what are you playing now? Let us know what games you've been playing and give us a little description, the more obscure the better Robot Happy

I've recently gotten my hands on No Mans Sky on the PS4, one of the most anticipated games of 2016 and with good reason! So far I've only clocked about 6 hours but I've discovered and named 20 species of alien life, several planets and even named and entire Galaxy after myself. Because I have a massive ego Robot LOL There isn't much in the way of a tutorial so it's been fun just toying about and learning everything for myself. It's early days so I'm sure there's going to be more and more new developments for this game!

Let us know what you've been playing in the comments and happy gaming!

John

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

219 REPLIES 219

Tangobaldy
On our wavelength

I play World Of Warcraft.  I do miss it being real hard to play and the player loyalty.  I cant see me lending a guild 1m g to buy that mount.  In old days we trusted each other.  If you messed up you was in big trouble.  Now with realm hopping and LFG you can be a total (*&*%^&&  its a shame the newer players will never experience the fact you had to work very hard in game to get anything.  Its all handed to you now so easy.

Guild wars, final fantasy XI used to play

My fav game was HALF LIFE  amazing how long it took to kill each other in matches.  Hours setting up mines and snipers ect.  New games I see people dead ress so many times even in a minute.

WITCHER 3  I like this game so much but cant play it due to the story mode and it ends.  I was expecting free roaming and just killing stuff for fun.  All those cut scenes bore me.  Plus i lost the game save for this pc and cant be doing with the intro again.

Considering CONAN the survival one even if its to run around naked and get eaten by bears.

Any suggestions for a game to play?  I have hardcore gaming pc.  And i want to suck up some of that Bandwidth I purchased

Well I got Skyrim SE after much debate. There really aren't any mods for it at the moment, but should change in the future. I didn't get the original version because old Bethesda games are known for memory related crashes and not working on modern operating systems well. Ah the trade ofs that have to be made.

Tangobaldy, Conan Exiles is a good game but wait until they bring out "The Purge" update if you want a real challenge, I have an image of my clan fortress earler in this thread, building has been improved since then however.

Disruptions
Joining in
I've been playing Battlefield 1 recently, waiting for the games later this year

Playing Tomb Raider on the PS3 a lot these past 4 to 5 days, really good game. I should have gotten it earlier on.

Kippies
Alessandro Volta

Although Im "officially" PC Gaming Master Race  I picked up Fallout4 on XBONE for 10 quid in a large supermarket chain. Already got it on Steam but household demands on the main PC mean Ive never really played it much.

However the plan to play on XBONE has gone awry. It came with a free digital copy of Fallout 3. I totally forgot how good it was so now Im playing that through before starting Fallout 4

Just cleared out the rotunda and basement of super-mutants and Dad got to play with project purity but then the enclave showed up and its all gone pear shaped. Saved Megaton though so at least I have a house to get back to. Repair skill is sky high so I can pillage guns and improve my main arsenals condition....man I love this game.

Shelke
Alessandro Volta

@Kippies the FO3 version with expansion packs?

I haven't played that in a while, but I did mod for it ages ago to make my own player homes. I made all of the vaults inhabitable etc and two of them with the odd amount of quests. Vault 106 was the mod fun to mod for, but vault 87 was the most annoying. Literally it spawns invisible sections which made expanding it annoying.

I also toyed around with modifying other peoples game play changing mods to tweak them to my liking. But what stopped me playing in the end was the memory issue, it won't go above about 2GB memory usage, so if you load a lot of mods in it crashes it. Which is a shame as at one point I wanted to load it up with scenery, weather etc changing mods to make things look nicer.

Kippies
Alessandro Volta

My gaming life is complicated *sigh* 

So at this point I own FO3 on 360 GOTY edition with all the DLC from way back when, all works fine on backwards compatibility. New Vegas on 360/PC ,FO4 on XBONE and PC. Mods wise, mostly PC stuff, but I NEED to get into the FO4  mod scene on Xbone, simply because its more accessible to me at this point. Ive done the Hires texture thing on PC, looks sweet. And I have to include Skyrim at this point- the mod scene for it is magnificent.

Haven't actually met any mods for FO3 on 360 except a few save game hacks, but that may well be my ignorance.

Kippies
Alessandro Volta

LOL but then theres THIS

Shelke
Alessandro Volta

I have FO:1 to FO:NV, but all on the PC side (Steam.) FO:3 is my favorite. FO:NV is my least fav - that thing feels like a western cowboy game rather than a fallout vault-y game and the faction system+choices was boring. I totally regret buying that, but you couldn't delete games from your Steam library nor can you gift them away past a point.

I didn't get FO:4 though

I'm trying to get into the funk of modding for Skyrim SE (PC), been a while since I used a Bethesda creation tool and I've forgotten a lot.