cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Are You Playing Right Now?

John_G
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I've been a veteran of Gaming for many years now and seen it come from slow loading tapes like the BBC Micro (Which was released before I was born Robot wink) through the console wars of Megadrive vs SNES to Playstation vs Xbox to the modern day. 

So what are you playing now? Let us know what games you've been playing and give us a little description, the more obscure the better Robot Happy

I've recently gotten my hands on No Mans Sky on the PS4, one of the most anticipated games of 2016 and with good reason! So far I've only clocked about 6 hours but I've discovered and named 20 species of alien life, several planets and even named and entire Galaxy after myself. Because I have a massive ego Robot LOL There isn't much in the way of a tutorial so it's been fun just toying about and learning everything for myself. It's early days so I'm sure there's going to be more and more new developments for this game!

Let us know what you've been playing in the comments and happy gaming!

John

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

219 REPLIES 219

Majide!

@SCA1972 wrote:

I've been playing No Man's Sky on PS4 since launch day and I'm still hooked, not sure how many hours I have put in so far.  From the reports I have seen the PC version is less stable.

It is a bit of a grind but I'm still enjoying the amazing landscapes and spotting shorelines of lakes that look like Mandelbrot sets, but I'm a bit of fractal geek. I'm only on my second system and I'm considering going back to my starting system as I hardly touched it in terms of exploration.  I have maxed out the journey milestones for "on-foot exploration", "alien colonist encounters" and "words collected" (results in babelfish rank which is nice).  I have learned 342 words, most of which are Gek and I am now able to follow most Gek conversations with still a few missing words.

You must be the person they are kinda talking about all over the net about spending 25 hours on the starter planet.

Pig face is the animals, it is this one ugly looking pig face it continually uses in different systems, some big and some small.

Majide!

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DABhand wrote:

You must be the person they are kinda talking about all over the net about spending 25 hours on the starter planet.

Pig face is the animals, it is this one ugly looking pig face it continually uses in different systems, some big and some small.

I left my start planet quite quickly and jumped to a new system, but I have been concentrating on building up my Gek vocabulary on the planets in just one system.  With occasional asteroid mining trips to and from a space station to boost my credits.  Went back to my start planet today and discovered the Atlas story thread which I had missed before and got my first Atlas stone.

I haven't been lucky enough to encounter many creatures so far so, the planets have been too hostile, so I haven't noticed the lack of diversity.  Maybe if I find a class M planet I might see more fauna Smiley Happy

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Stythinator
Problem sorter

At the moment i am playing Battlefield Hardline on PC ... Rather getting into it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks.

Kippies
Alessandro Volta

@Shelke wrote:

Gravity differences would have been nice. At the very least it would have to have buildable bases before I would even buy it. I'd fly around, find a planet I like and setup a home base. Maybe even have the ability to land/live/mine resources on meteorites, explore them also.

Does it have different kinds of stars (sun types)? like pulsars etc - maybe even blackholes?

I know that Elite Deadly has some of that stuff

Bases are supposed to be coming in an update....

But Id wait until its working- there's too much been cut from the game for me to believe it until I see it. Frame-rate fixes for PC  are done , there's still some work to do though. At the minute it has potential. But its well short of the initial trailers....

zombiesfeelpain
On our wavelength

Currently playing Person 4 Golden on my PS Vita, getting hyped for Persona 5 next year, also looking forward to Battlefield 1, Deus Ex Mankind Divided. 😄 

HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Grand Theft Auto V on PS3. Got to 95% the first time round but lost interest when the game went multi payer. I've just started from the beginning.

Also want to start playing The Elder Skrolls V: Skyrim again. I loved that game and would love to play it again. Can't remember why I stopped playing last time.

Boston
Up to speed

At this moment in time I’m like “HairyFacedHuman” and replaying old games, the one I’m playing now is Still Life; Secret Files is the next one I will start.

photo Image1_zps3vrvxc7k.jpg

KingArawn
Joining in
I'm currently playing Elder Scrolls Online on Xbox One. Which is why I'm actually here. Couldn't play it last night due to internet issues.

Starting to get a bit boring now so I might go and finish Destiny/The Division. Again, if my internet issues get resolved.

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@HairyFacedHuman wrote:
Grand Theft Auto V on PS3. Got to 95% the first time round but lost interest when the game went multi payer. I've just started from the beginning.

GTA V is definitely worth playing through to its conclusion if you have the time / inclination. I still find myself dipping back into the game from time to time now, still very playable even if you've already played through a few (too many Smiley Tongue) times!

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules