cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed on PS5

gwadhwa
Joining in

Hello, 

I have 1GB connection, when I do network test on my PS5, I get download speed of 300+mbps and upload speed of 6mbps. 

Same test on other devices such as laptop/mobile I get upload speed of 40mbps.

I have tried Wifi and direct LAN connection with CAT7 cable etc. but still doesn't improve.

due to this i face a lot of lag online gameplay. What could be the issue? how to increase upload speed? i have tried different DNS settings but no luck. I have opened the TCP and UDP ports - no luck..

8 REPLIES 8

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What upload speed do you get if you visit fast.com on your Web browser on ps5?

I get upload speed of 35-40mbps on fast.com on Ps5 browser.

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That means it's playstation network capping your upload and nothing to do with vm

how to fix this? PS asks to open ports and I have done that.. still no luck..

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is no fix, that is what playstation give you

Never Never Never beleave what PSN says about your Speed.

I find the best way to test your speed is to install the app from Ookla, and run for a PC with a wired connection.

VM-25082022.JPG

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS GT-AX6000 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?

JJG92
Dialled in

I hade the same issue with upload speeds to my PS5 not being able to get above 10Mbps so i replace every single ethernet cable including external runs with SFTP cat6a and reconfigured my entire network i now see 42+Mbps upload on 2 PS5's 

Vodafone FTTP / Orbi / Nighthawk SX10 Pro / Netgear External Beta Tester My Broadband Ping - FTTH

1833e36200545-screenshotUrl.jpg

Vodafone FTTP / Orbi / Nighthawk SX10 Pro / Netgear External Beta Tester My Broadband Ping - FTTH