Menu
JAMSROO7
Dialled in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Superhub3

Hi I have recently become a virgin media customer on the 350 gamer package and have the superhub 3. After a few days I have nothing but praise for this my ping is around 14. Isn’t there a concern with the intel puma cpu and after so many bad reviews why is this.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub3

can read all about it via -> https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Hub-3-Compal-CH7465-LG-TG2492LG-and-CGNV4-Latenc... all 398 pages of posts about it.

--------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up on kudos. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution, but only do this once issue has been resolved.
JAMSROO7
Dialled in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thank’s great advice that’s the reason I wanted a hub 2 instead of the 3 as it has such a bad press. It’s purely experimental I’m still well within my cooling off period but so far so good.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

It has some new firmware being tested/rolled out as far as im aware. This has reportedly fixed/lowered the puma 6 chipset issue
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

JAMSROO7
Dialled in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub3 pes18ps4

I know they have given it a firmware update but i thought it was floored internally, it has had such a bad press, I thought I would share my experience being so positive, if the firmware update has fixed most of these errors that’s great but it is early days been less than a week.

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@JAMSROO7 wrote:

Hi I have recently become a virgin media customer on the 350 gamer package and have the superhub 3. After a few days I have nothing but praise for this my ping is around 14. Isn’t there a concern with the intel puma cpu and after so many bad reviews why is this.

How much did VM pay you to say that.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

£0.12 is the going rate (including VAT) for a sponsored message.

seems to be a few posters commenting that hub3 ping times are dropping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
JAMSROO7
Dialled in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

loooooool, after 9days I have noticed there being a higher ping, I rebooted hub and went back to being good again, I’m still in my trial period and don’t know if this is a concern. I have the option of taking a hub 2 or stick with the 3 I don’t mind rebooting hub every few days but could this cause problems in the future.

0 Kudos
JAMSROO7
Dialled in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Also I have a tp link W9970 can use that through modem mode 

0 Kudos
JAMSROO7
Dialled in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

After having the superhub 3 for a few weeks now I can honestly say, unless I factory reset every day it is absolutely useless for online gaming. Does anyone know why this fix’s it temporarily, and if I keep doing this will it cause me problems in the future I have an PS4 and play pes 18 thx.

0 Kudos