Menu
JAMSROO7
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Superhub3

Hi I have recently become a virgin media customer on the 350 gamer package and have the superhub 3. After a few days I have nothing but praise for this my ping is around 14. Isn’t there a concern with the intel puma cpu and after so many bad reviews why is this.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub3

can read all about it via -> https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Hub-3-Compal-CH7465-LG-TG2492LG-and-CGNV4-Latenc... all 398 pages of posts about it.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
JAMSROO7
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thank’s great advice that’s the reason I wanted a hub 2 instead of the 3 as it has such a bad press. It’s purely experimental I’m still well within my cooling off period but so far so good.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

It has some new firmware being tested/rolled out as far as im aware. This has reportedly fixed/lowered the puma 6 chipset issue
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

JAMSROO7
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub3 pes18ps4

I know they have given it a firmware update but i thought it was floored internally, it has had such a bad press, I thought I would share my experience being so positive, if the firmware update has fixed most of these errors that’s great but it is early days been less than a week.

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@JAMSROO7 wrote:

Hi I have recently become a virgin media customer on the 350 gamer package and have the superhub 3. After a few days I have nothing but praise for this my ping is around 14. Isn’t there a concern with the intel puma cpu and after so many bad reviews why is this.

How much did VM pay you to say that.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

£0.12 is the going rate (including VAT) for a sponsored message.

seems to be a few posters commenting that hub3 ping times are dropping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
JAMSROO7
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

loooooool, after 9days I have noticed there being a higher ping, I rebooted hub and went back to being good again, I’m still in my trial period and don’t know if this is a concern. I have the option of taking a hub 2 or stick with the 3 I don’t mind rebooting hub every few days but could this cause problems in the future.

0 Kudos
JAMSROO7
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Also I have a tp link W9970 can use that through modem mode 

0 Kudos
JAMSROO7
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

After having the superhub 3 for a few weeks now I can honestly say, unless I factory reset every day it is absolutely useless for online gaming. Does anyone know why this fix’s it temporarily, and if I keep doing this will it cause me problems in the future I have an PS4 and play pes 18 thx.

0 Kudos