Menu
Forum Team (Retired) Nicola_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub3

Hello JAMSROO7

I am sorry you are having problems however the line/hub and area performance are looking good, all stats nicely in spec with no errors. You mentioned latency in your PM, how are you measuring it, BQM? Any traceroutes or links etc demonstrating an issue? Just to be sure is the PS4 wired or wireless.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
JAMSROO7
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola I have no way of telling exactly as I don’t have access to a laptop. I use my PS4 hard wired with nothing else on the network like I said i’ve experimented a few times now and when I do a factory reset the performance is so much better straight after. Could  you advise me on anything else I could try to lower the latency, if you read my previous posts I commented on how good the hub 3 was and no one believed me lol but for some reason it’s nowhere near as good as it was when I first tried it I know there’s an issue with the intel puma processor but I thought the latest firmware eradicated this.

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I am gaming on a PS4 Pro on a 5GHz Wifi link, no LAG, and no issues.

My Sig says why.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
JAMSROO7
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Nic I play hard wired my graphs look spot on, I think it’s possible my PS4 is getting latency as the fan is so loud I have bought a cleaning kit and hope that resolves it.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Dust and pet hair can be awful.

I may or not have taken apart consoles before to clean Smiley Tongue

Do my computer regularly though and it makes a difference if I don’t do it. Overheating will cause throttling of FPS/things not working properly. Upside is you can cook eggs on overheating parts (ifyou don’t want to use them again)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
JAMSROO7
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thx red I think m getting a latency issue due to the loud fan in my PS4, the hub 2 I’m using is miles better than the 3 but was wondering if it would be beneficial to buy another router and go modem mode through the 2 or keep it as it is, thx.

0 Kudos
JAMSROO7
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thx shaf, i’ll See how that goes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@JAMSROO7 wrote:

Thx red I think m getting a latency issue due to the loud fan in my PS4, the hub 2 I’m using is miles better than the 3 but was wondering if it would be beneficial to buy another router and go modem mode through the 2 or keep it as it is, thx.

If you want a VM service more than 200Mbit, you will need a SH3. Mine works great on a VM350

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos