Menu
Highlighted
chenks
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

PS4 Pro or not?

any gamers here? specifically PS4?
is the PS4 Pro worth the £100 more than the standard PS4?

I have a Sony 4K TV already, so it's really down to whether a 4k PS4 is worth the extra or not.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 Pro or not?

The thread asks a good question so lets keep it clean. I've removed the replies as this was going way off topic. I's a community forum so any advice/feedback you have about the subject would be better posted here than via PM. 

Personally, I think the PS4 pro is awesome.

Ty

0 Kudos
karl0r
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The PS4 Pro certainly adds more crispness over the original PS4 which can be notice in-game, but at the same time, you'll still see quite a lot downsampling due to the checkerbox effect that dynamic 4k introduces during complex game scenes (certainly noticeable whilst playing AC: Odyssey). But at the right price, it's certainly worth the extra money.

However, if you are after the best 4K experience you can get from the current generation consoles (and not bothered about being stuck to the playstation), then the Xbox One X might be the better path to take.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'd say yes. I'm not a console gamer but if you have the money and can ask the question then you should. 4K is only going to get used more so having a concole that can support it is never a bad thing.

With the limited 4k content out there its worth the £100 extra.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Id go down the route of what else it can do AS WELL as play 4K games.

With the availability of streaming apps on PS4, you've got a capable 4K streaming device, games console and more all in one.

TBH Xbox X and PS4 pro are BOTH underpowered for 4K gaming, however the fact is there nothing on the market using 4K textures so what you gain in crispness you lose in texture resolution.

IT WILL make 1080p games run better, thats the key advantage to my mind along with 4K streaming.

Go for it.

LdGallifryan
Up to speed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well I would buy the PS4 Pro if you have the budget for it.. 

It has the best performance out of the two!

More capable of keeping up with framerate and more better overall performance. 

But I said it before and say it again if your budget can afford it get it.. If you cannot then don't or just save a bit more to get it. 

Then again the PS5 will be around the corner. So a little thinking to do. 

I hope this helps your decision or other people make there decisions

0 Kudos