Did you mean: 

Moderate Nat type daily

palmer365
Joining in

Any1 else have to reboot their modem daily to get Nat type to return to open

7 REPLIES 7

JitteryPinger
Super solver

I remember this issue years ago with Xbox One's and it used to happen on all routers and ISP's.... was more a bug of the Xbox, nothing actually changed and nothing stopped working as it should.

The Giggitty 1

@JitteryPinger wrote:

I remember this issue years ago with Xbox One's and it used to happen on all routers and ISP's.... was more a bug of the Xbox, nothing actually changed and nothing stopped working as it should.

There was an easy fix for that on the Xbox One anyway as the port select on the console was set to auto select by default and all you needed to do was change the port select to manual.

No, my NAT is controlled by external router not the SH.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS GT-AX6000 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?

keasy
Superfast

Why would you want it on open?

Unless you're playing some game that's so s**t it's P2P and requires you to host. 

@keasy Some games require NAT for voice comms.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS GT-AX6000 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?

Patlabor
Joining in

I had this when I opened ports to my Xbox but left UPnP enabled, in the end I removed the port forwarding as UPnP seemed to be handling it fine.

Ideally, you want an Open NAT for the least issues and to be able to connect to the largest pool of players, regardless of their NAT type.
SH2 modem mode | AC86U router | AC68U node