cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Simplilink with PS4

Prso9
Dialled in

I have bought a LG Smart TV and as you will see from the photo's, I have turned on HDMI Device Link on the PS4 and also the Simplilink on the TV.  However whenever I turn my PS4 on, the TV does not come on with it.  Is there something I am missing?

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

6 REPLIES 6

DavidJWalker
Well-informed
it does not work like that it works the other way around tv can switch on the ps4 not ps4 turn on the tv

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using Ultimate Volt bundle

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others

it only works tv can control whats connected to it it won't work the other way around thats how LG Simplilink works its like sony tv they have the HDMI CEC that can control dvd players anything have that option can be controlled by the tv only not the other way around.

i don't think ps4 turn on tv's with that option

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others

Hi David,

Thanks for the response. That's pretty crap, I don't always play my PS4 when I switch my TV on, so kinda glad that what ur saying is supposed to happen isn't working either.  When I press the PS button on my controller, my Sony TV comes on, but if that's not the way Simplilink works, then so be it. 

its two diff makes LG and Sony they don't work well togather i can't use sony tv with a samsung blue ray player with same remote and the same with a xbox series s they have to be the same make to have it 100% work both sides

annorax
Superfast

@Prso9 wrote:

I have bought a LG Smart TV and as you will see from the photo's, I have turned on HDMI Device Link on the PS4 and also the Simplilink on the TV.  However whenever I turn my PS4 on, the TV does not come on with it.  Is there something I am missing?

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

It's a bit of a hit and miss the the PS4 whan it comes to that as I've got a PS4 Pro and I've got to turn my LG tv on before I turn on the console.

It's different with my Xbox Series X as it turns on my tv no problem.

Some misinformation in here. You can mix brands for HDMI interaction. For example, my Xbox One, One X and Series X are configured in the console settings to turn my TV on when I turn the console on first and TV off when I turn the console off and this is exactly what happens. The TV is a 2013 Sony LCD. I don't have the HDMI control features enabled on the TV, because I don't want it to work the other way around for my setup, i.e. TV on first does not turn the console on.

SH2 modem mode | AC86U router | AC68U node