Menu
toewad1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Gaming Routers

I have an idea regarding virgin media routers for gaming, your routers are total garbage for gaming and cheap, so my idea is get some more expensive routers for gamers with great technology in them then the price could be put on the bill monthly, I would definately buy one and lots of gamers would do the same you win we win and it wouldn't cost you anything, let me know what you think or what anyone else think's.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Gaming Routers

don't think any ISP sell/rent gaming routers, with new gaming routers coming out every few months, guess if anybody wants a decent router would go out and buy it themselves, would just need to enable modem mode and attach the 3rd party router.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Luceforall
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

How would you go about buying a decent router? I am interested as I have been suffering latency problems that boot me out of my MMORPG game for the last couple of months. Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

hiya @Luceforeall if you have a hub3 that would be causing a lot of latency issues, or if using possible wifi.. as for getting a gaming router depends on budget, distance need to cover what features looking for etc
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
tonykakkar
Just joined
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Is gaming routers different than other wireless routers

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

not really, just with gaming routers offer more settings that the common wireless routers..
0 Kudos
toewad1
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I bought a netgear nighthawk, it didn't seem to make much difference perhaps I will try again later I might have configured it wrong, Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I use the ASUS RT-AC5300 its a fantastic router.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
dialatech
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Netgear Nighthawk XR500 or Xr700

I personally use the XR500 and its an amazing router.

You can control where you play your games - as in which region and you get full QOS control.

Great Router!

SonarUK
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just purchased the ASUS RT-AC86U & now have the Hub3 In modem mode. One of the best choices Ive ever made.

No problem with 4 xbox one's - mobile devices - tablets - laptops - All connected at the same time (not yet anyway).

https://twitter.com/SeriousFamily

Vivid Gamer 200 | Hub 3 modem mode | Asus RT-AC86U(Stock-Firmware)
0 Kudos