Menu
Qt30546
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband multiroom

Can you get another port or router in an upstairs room, whilst keeping the main router in the living room? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband multiroom

You can only have one Modem (Superhub) per account.

You can put this in modem mode & connect your own router if you wish.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

if could expand on what your trying to achieve/end goal.. if you need to increase the wifi range would recommend as nodrogd said would be to put the hub into modem mode and use a 3rd party router. A lot of the community recommend using e.g. Asus rt68AC, Tplink Archer 7, Netgear nighthawk
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Qt30546
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

To avoid lag when playing he ps4, I wire directly into the hub router. I have tried playing via WiFi with little success. I am looking to relocate the ps4 upstairs to free up the main living room TV for my family. 

Due to the house configuration,  I am trying to avoid running cat 5 from the router, out of the house and then back through the loft.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

you could use a pair of homeplugs for this or attaching a decent Wireless Access point to the hub to increase wifi range these are cheaper then router and deal mainly with increasing range...
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
WalkerBoh
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We have 2 Xbox's and a playstation working using powerline adapters go for at least 500Mbps i would recommend look at reviews. You might need to check network port each xbox uses in xbox settings make sure its unique and forward it for some services to work

0 Kudos