Menu
sc1892
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

tearing my hair out

i'm a bit of a dodo so i chundered along with my sometimes ok sometimes not superhub1 until this week when i have been forced to take action. since tuesday tied to an ethernet cable and no wifi. got a technician coming on monday which seems so far away. quite ashamed i'm paying stupid prices for a phoneline i don't use and a tv package i don't watch. ridiculous really. so, i thought, gotta do something and while i'm here talking to some little man from a distant land i'll ask for my mac code and do some research. Mac code says he? what is that? anyhoo, according to him i can either have the technician come out or have the mac code from another department. but not both. so i went with the technician cos i am utterly fed up.

when the technician comes does he have spare goodies with him or will he say i'm afraid this hub is very very old and not working and we'll have to order a replacement. and how long will that take. ethernet is not ideal but it's better than nothing.

dunno if i should phone again and demand the mac code or just wait...

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: tearing my hair out

I thought mac codes were a thing of the past?  Don't you just contact your chosen new provider and they do the transfer for you?

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Dave_cq wrote:

I thought mac codes were a thing of the past?  Don't you just contact your chosen new provider and they do the transfer for you?

indeed yes. of course not for cable though, as you can't "migrate" from cable broadband to DSL broadband. you terminate one and sign-up to another.
phone lines can migrate though, but no MAC code is needed

0 Kudos
sc1892
Just joined
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

oh that's good to know re. mac codes. still paying way too much. need to get my head examined or out of the sand.

ty all for the info.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you move to a DSL broadband provider such as BT, Sky or TalkTalk, you'll need a phone line!

Why don't you call VM's Retentions and get a suitable package.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi sc1892,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing broadband issues and are unhappy with your current price.

I'm glad that the team arranged an engineer visit for you, how did this go yesterday? Have they managed to resolve the connection problems you were having?

I'd be more than happy to take a look at your monthly cost for you. If that's something you'd like me to do, please let me know so I can bring you in to message privately.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos