Menu
Highlighted
ms5
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

street cabinet

Just wondered if someone could help please,  Virgin media have put a Cabinet at the edge of my drive way which has been there for some time,I live on a corner property and my local council are putting yellow lines on the road way system, due being close to a local school to stop dangerous parking.I want to widen my drive so as to get a 3rd car off the road in order to do this need to remove  2 to 3 fence panels, the cabinet is in front of the first one so preventing this at the moment,would virgin media move this cabinet further along my boundary to allow me to do this

thanks

Mike Stack 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: street cabinet

Avoiding sarcasm the best answer I can give you is "probably not"

There would need to be some sort of H&S issue or planning issue before ANY  telecom provider would consider moving infrastructure.

0 Kudos
Bingley
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You will probably end up fighting this with your local council who are the only ones who can force VM to move it. 

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Avoiding sarcasm the best answer I can give you is "probably not"

There would need to be some sort of H&S issue or planning issue before ANY  telecom provider would consider moving infrastructure.

0 Kudos
Bingley
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You will probably end up fighting this with your local council who are the only ones who can force VM to move it. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The local council have approved the placing of the cabinet. Moving these is a long winded & expensive business as doing so will affect every customer in your postcode area. People have had success moving these but you need to have deep pockets as it will cost you several thousand pounds to do so.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos