cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

send VM TV over RF coax cable to 2nd Tv

MacDaddy_01uk
Joining in

Hi everyone,

so heres my problem. Just recently switched over from SKY where i was able to send a RF signal to TV in dinning room and kitchen. So with the VM install I new this would be an issue to bought the following kit. HDMI splitter connected to HDMI to RCA adapter connected to a LB gear MOD121 RC to RF modulator connected via old COAX to tv's on other rooms.

I know the splitter and converter work as if I connected it to a TV with an RCA input i get a decent picture. For the life of me I can not get the RF signal to work on the other TV's. I would assume the HDCP issume would have been resolved by the hdmi to RCA conversion as the RCA works for me when connected to the TV with RCA input.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

My suggestion is to dump the TV and get a full HD TV replacement with an HDMI input as what you are trying to do will always be fraught with problems and will never give a good result anyway.

As for connecting the TV to the TV box: there are various options depending on the distance.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thanks for the advise. the TV's in question do have HDMI inputs but i would prefer the coax option as the cables are already in place and run through the walls and ceiling to reach the 2 tv's in question. Running HDMI cable through the new kitchen is a last resort i would like to avoid.

A coaxial cable is needed for aerial direct to a Freeview TV but for Pay TV the cable is always into a set top box with an HDMI output. I think your only good options are Freeview or HDMI (you can investigate wireless HDMI).

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The HDCP on VMs boxes, particularly V360 is very fussy on what you connect. Ideally everything in the chain must be HDCP 2.2 compliant (4K standard encryption).

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks