cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just a quickie folks

ernie2009
Dialled in

hi everyone, each and everytime i come on here i get asked to sign in even though i click on the box keep me signed in so any idea what the problem is please?. ive cleared cookies as seen this mentioned but still asks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ernie2009 

Websites use cookies to keep a record of your most recent visit or to record your login information. It's very useful for storing passwords on frequently used sites, so you don't need to sign in again. However if you clear/delete your cookies this information is no longer stored which means you need to sign in again.

Most sites also give you the option of storing your login details so yuo don't need to login each time, unless you clear your cookies.

Cookies are used by most sites, although you can go into the browser settings and  turn them off for individual sites. Imagine the carry on if you turned them off for Asda, Amazon etc where you do online shopping. Without the cookies being enabled those sites wouldn't be able to store goods you are wanting to buy in your basket. You would need to check out for each individual item you bought.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

ernie2009
Dialled in

would you believe after putting this on here it now dosnt ask me to sign in everytime . many thanks to whoever did what 😀

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ernie2009 

Websites use cookies to keep a record of your most recent visit or to record your login information. It's very useful for storing passwords on frequently used sites, so you don't need to sign in again. However if you clear/delete your cookies this information is no longer stored which means you need to sign in again.

Most sites also give you the option of storing your login details so yuo don't need to login each time, unless you clear your cookies.

Cookies are used by most sites, although you can go into the browser settings and  turn them off for individual sites. Imagine the carry on if you turned them off for Asda, Amazon etc where you do online shopping. Without the cookies being enabled those sites wouldn't be able to store goods you are wanting to buy in your basket. You would need to check out for each individual item you bought.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

hi @newapollo, i did clear my cookies as i was having problems but after coming on here about 15 times today i back to sqaure one signing in everytime. ill persavere for a while and see if anything changes, many thanks for your reply.