Menu
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

iOS14 and iPadOS 14 MAC address can change on your device

If you have reserved DHCP entries in your VM hub or own router the new update can stop devices being given the LAN address you want. There are two solutions, put a real fixed address in the device or go into the setting on the device, click the circle‘I’ against your SSID name and turn off ‘Private Address’.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: iOS14 and iPadOS 14 MAC address can change on your device

well not entirey accurate.
the phyiscal MAC address doesn't and can't change, it's unique the network hardware in the device.

what Apple have decided to do is spoof "fake" MAC addresses all in the name of "privacy". meanwhile Apple get to keep all your data by locking everything into your apple ID.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: iOS14 and iPadOS 14 MAC address can change on your device '

I never said the physical MAC address on the device changed only the address presented to the network. The title might imply the address could change, but it never mention physical address. /

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: iOS14 and iPadOS 14 MAC address can change on your device '

you never said it wasn't the physical address though, so i'm merely pointing out that this what apple is actually doing.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos